You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Wednesday, August 8th 2007, 12:05pm

Author: BobD

Water Hammer Problem

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mrfixit</i> <br />After reading this article again, I'm thinking that's where I got the above idea from. I guess this is how senility starts. =) The article has some interesting solutions. -- http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/waterhammer.htm <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Thank you for the time and effort ...

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 1:42pm

Author: BobD

Water Hammer Problem

We bought a home with the sprinkler system installed by the previous owner. The local water pressure is 120 psi. One of the existing valves blew apart after 10 years of service. I replaced the old valves with RainBird 075-ASVF rated at 150psi. But several lines have a significant water hammer when the valves shut off. I tried using a pressure regulator to 80 psi, but then there is not enough pressure to feed the existing circuits. I removed the regulator and tried varying the sequence of the cir...