You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 6:20pm

Author: edwildesr

How to add more valves when only two wires available?

I need to add some more valves in an area that has only one spare conductor. Is a decoder the answer and will it work with any controller if there is a decoder unit at the start of the wire segment and at the valve end? There are plenty of zones left on the controller (an Irrigation Caddy). What product should I get? Thanks!

Monday, November 5th 2007, 7:53am

how to install a motion detector to my sprinkler

Dennis, I have a zone that would be ripe for this technology as well. The deer get into the hostas a lot! Check out X10.com. They sell battery powered motion detectors that can send a signal to a remote low voltage relay that could be wired to act as a second switch for the zone. I am not sure where you would pick up the LV power on your particular controller. One of their kits worked successfully for me in triggering a barking dog box. The drawback was that the bark box wasn't weatherproof and ...

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 7:02pm

Virtual Rain XH Remote Controller is Quirky

(I also posted this in another topic, but it probably belongs here) Anyone know of a list that divulges the quirks and work arounds for this controller? Virtual Rain's website is of no use. My controller the XH9 Remote is new and the manual is sparsely written and incorrect in some places. 1. Setting and transmitting the programs is tricky. It takes lots of learning by trial and error. 2. A program start time of 12:15 PM does not water in the afternoon, it waters in the moonlight even though th...

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 6:49pm

Using a sprinkler controller to control lighting

There are 5 tramsformers around my house for low voltage lighting. A really simple control setup is to plug each into a Black and Decker X-10 outdoor remote switch. The X-10 system reacts to commands that are sent over the house wiring from all types of X-10 controllers and switches that are plugin or wireless, CHEAP and can be anywhere in the house including on your computer. This gives you even bedside control of outdoor lighting (if you want it for security checks). There are lots of other op...

Saturday, October 6th 2007, 9:43am

Virtual Rain XH9 Remote Controller is Buggy

Anyone know of a list that divulges the quirks and work arounds for this controller? Virtual Rain's website is of no use. My controller the XH9 Remote is new and the manual is sparsely written and incorrect in some places. 1. Setting and transmitting the programs is tricky. It takes lots of learning by trial and error. 2. A start time of 12:15 PM does not water in the afternoon, it waters in the moonlight even though the date and time are correct. The first start time on the same program "C" at ...

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 1:55pm

Tunnel Under Driveway

The Borit tool really saved me! Quotes from sprinkler companies (if they ever showed up..) were about $1,000 for a 14 ft driveway, no obstructions. For that price I could cut and cover and repave the whole driveway. I bought a Borit from the manufacturer on their Ebay site. Using the trench previously made by my ditch witch rental, we lined up the Borit, combined a 10 and 4 ft section of 3/4 inch pipe, and a 3/4" right angle drill from Home Depot rentals and in about 20 minutes we reached the ot...