You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, October 12th 2007, 10:08am

Author: willmy21

Valve Box Installation

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HooKooDooKu</i> <br />As you think about trying to squeeze 6 valves into one valve box, think about the future when you will likely have to fix something. Are you going to have ANY space to work with? As for where the pipes go, I think the most common is under the bottom lip of the box. But you don't want the box to rest ON the pipes. What you want to ...

Friday, October 12th 2007, 9:11am

Valve Box Installation

I have a 6 zone setup to install in my backyard and I'm trying to figure out how to place the valves. I would like to get them all in one rectangular valve box and I've seen pictures of others' that have done so by having three laterals exit to the left and three laterals exiting to the right with the main coming in from either the top or the bottom. Is six too many valves to fit in one box or can it reasonably be done using this or someo ther method? Second, I don't fully understand how the lat...

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 2:10am

Best Option for backyard

All, I would like some input on redesigning my backyard sprinkler system. It currently has an inadequate system and I want to redesign primarily to ensure that I can begin growing a nice area of turf and that 16 newly planted trees will receive enough water (all only about 7 feet tall). The fenced backyard is a pretty nice rectangle of about 105' x 95' with the trees around the perimeter of the yard (out about 5' from the fence in all cases). The trees are stand alone, i.e. not in a big planting...

Monday, September 17th 2007, 7:14am

Correct Riser Type for Hunter I-20 Rotor

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyburg</i> <br />is this what you are looking for http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/category-s/228.htm. if not some irrigation supply house will sell to homeowner. you wont get our cost you will pay a little higher. I know Ewing and johndeer will. i dont know what state you are in? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id=...

Monday, September 17th 2007, 3:53am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyburg</i> <br />is this what you are looking for http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/category-s/228.htm. if not some irrigation supply house will sell to homeowner. you wont get our cost you will pay a little higher. I know Ewing and johndeer will. i dont know what state you are in? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id=...

Monday, September 17th 2007, 3:12am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyburg</i> <br />how far are you setting your heads from the main line if it only a foot you wont see much difference but i would try to stay with the right parts. but i dont see a prob with the info you have given. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I plan on putting the rotors within 1-2' of the laterals. ...

Monday, September 17th 2007, 2:55am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyburg</i> <br />need to know more information like, pressure and meter size and where the meter is located. more info the better. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> The static pressure at the nearest hose bib was measured at 62 psi, the lateral runs will all be within 125' from the valves which will be abou...

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 11:27am

I'm new to all things sprinkler related and want to thank everyone for dedicating so much time to keeping up this wonderful resource, it is packed with great information. My question is this, I'm relocating/installing about 10 Hunter I-20 rotors in my backyard and I'm trying to determine what riser type to use. I would like to construct a 3/4" flexible swing riser, but according to the irrigationtutorial.com bible that everyone seems to treat as gospel, you aren't suppose to use this type of des...