You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, April 28th 2003, 4:24am

Author: ryounker

Wire selection

You have various wire available by conductor. I intend to have 5 valves in one location. Am I to assume that I should be looking for wire w/ 6 conductors (w/ one neutral) or is this the total number of single wires in the jacket which would only support 3 valves?

Tuesday, April 15th 2003, 3:39am

Pipe sizing

Thanks again. I was looking at the 1" Rainbird 100 DVF's. As mentioned earlier, I have 3/4 copper coming into the house. I was going to convert to 1" copper from the main to my double check and covert to 1" Sch 40 PVC to run to the valves outside the house. I intend to put a ball valve before the check, a boiler drain after the check to drain the main line and something before the valves to blow them out.

Monday, April 14th 2003, 3:20am

Pipe sizing

Thanks for the recommendation. What do you recommend for valves?

Thursday, April 10th 2003, 3:32am

Pipe sizing

The reason I ask about the Hunter heads is because I used Rainbird T-birds in my old house and found them extremely difficult to adjust. In your literature it also appears that the Hunter heads have better springs and are easier to adjust. The Rainbirds win on price however. If you had to choose w/ no concern for cost, which would you go w/? Edited by - ryounker on Apr 10 2003 2:04:15 PM

Wednesday, April 9th 2003, 2:56am

Pipe sizing

I have 10 gpm. I was planning on either Rainbird 5004 or Hunter I20 rotors (Any preference here?). The lawn area measures 33'x90' and I was going to run two circuits w/ 4 rotors on each spaced at 30'. I also have a strip of lawn between the curb and the sidewalk which is 4'x90' and was going to use Rainbird 1804 spray heads, two end strips at the ends and 5 center strips spaced at 15' between them.

Tuesday, April 8th 2003, 10:08am

Pipe sizing

I have 5/8 meter and 3/4 line coming into my house. I have a pressure pump installed after the water meter which is set to come on at 45 psi and shut off at 60 psi. I was intending to run 1 inch copper as my main to the valves and 3/4 poly for all the lateral lines. Is this sufficient? I could install 1 inch poly but I had 3/4 inch Sch 40 pipe installed under the walkway where I intend to run my laterals when the house was being built.