You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 417.

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 4:53pm

Author: hi.todd

STOP THE START TIME EPIDEMIC

When I deal with customers that are paying my invoice that don't understand irrigation systems and controller start times, I always ask my self if I would be good at their jobs or their role in society.

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 4:50pm

Help with valve - zone won't come on

I am going to come at this from a different angle. You are new to the system it is large. It maybe that the valve is the valve can be manually tuned on and you are looking in the wrong place for the water. It could be operating drip irrigation that would not be obvious to you where it is located on the property. It could be operating bubblers for the trees that you may not see in operation. It may be on the monument sign that is across the property. It may be in an interior area of the church th...

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 10:23pm

Low pressure

Also, check to make sure your water meter and all isolation valves are completely open. I have seen people go to expense only to find the meter was Partially open.

Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 2:54am

Mystery leak in irrigation system

Check all of your program start times. It may be operating more than 1 time per day. Also, check yo see that you only have one active program. It is not unusual for the home owner to be oblivious to the concept of programs A, B, and C. Check to make sure you only have 1 program active. Good luck

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 3:01am

Brown water in house after running sprinklers

Have you had your backflow device inspected. There are two main components to the Febco 765. There is the air inlet through the poppet and bonnet. This is the most common repair part addressed. Just below the air inlet is the check valve, which is a common repair that will need to be addressed. The only way to see that it needs work or replacement is through a backflow Inspection. It could be that your backflow device is either not installed correctly, it may be the wrong type of device, or it m...

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 3:55pm

Little confused on backflow

I respect both sides of this argument. If I am the only one in the city practicing safe water protection, what is the point. This is a system fail. For good information and pictures of why backflow devices fail.www.backflowinformation.com I appreciate that you already have done substantial research. The frustrating part for me is that in one region irrigation backflow can be a low hazard device (double check below grade). In other regions it must be a high hazard device (PVB or RP). I am happy t...

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 3:41pm

Will this loop design work?

I concur, I would add that anything above a 1" valve in your case is a waste of cash.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 9:30pm

I would tell the new irrigation Contractor

Keep it simple! Be accountable for each week. That means at the end of each week your labor, material costs, and fuel, and all the other costs need to be covered by your income. If that won't work because your job is too big, pays 30 days after completion, or you are asked to give a discount on this job for the promise of more jobs, DO NOT ACCEPT THE WORK.

Monday, June 9th 2014, 8:48pm

Stations have a hard time staying on

Be very careful in the lower left part if the controller. You can get shocked there. That is high voltage. The cable connected to the terminal strip should be tightly secured with the screws. If they are loose that could be your issue.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 10:08am

Common wire

yes

Wednesday, June 4th 2014, 11:42am

Stations have a hard time staying on

It sounds like a wire problem. You may need to call out a pro. This can be done by do it your selfers, but it can be tricky with out the right tools. It can be tricky even with the right tools. But it can some times be very easy. I know that is not much help. Good Luck! It is very important that all wire connections be made with a water tight connection, often installers try to save a dollar by not using good connections. Some installers make splices at the controller to the field wires. This is...

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:14pm

Richdel valve leaking at solenoid

do it turnoff water source dont get dirt in the valve. you can do it.

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:09pm

How much should this cost?

all you have to do I will check with my husband I would do it myself but!!!

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 10:21pm

Replace a Febco 765 with...?

good backflow questions, you probably know what I will say. The PVB can be used in high hazard applications it protects against back siphonage, but not back pressure. The elevation in the sprinkler system can cause back pressure. That is why the PVB must be 12" above the tallest head and all piping. The Double Check is ok for non Health hazard application or low hazard applications. It can handle back siphonage and back pressure. Again it is low hazard. Check with local codes. The RP is a great ...

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 10:10pm

What can fail in the valve

diaphragm should not be that difficult.

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 12:52pm

RPZ Re-build quote

If the price seems high, you could replace the parts your self if you know how. And call the plumber out to reinspect. You may even order the parts and have them on site, and just pay the plumber to install the parts and retest. But, there is a bit of skill involved with RP repair. For some good information on my specific niche of choice try my website for pictures and information on backflow. BackflowInformation.com

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 12:44pm

continuous discharge from vent

check out my information website on backflow only. the site is BackflowInformation.com