You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 12:33pm

Author: chamdaddy

New installation with Hunter ICC 800

I am installing a system in my newly built house. This will be my second system under my belt, hopefully I learned a few lessons with my first install which I was very happy with. I have done alot of research and think I have come up with a good plan with quality equipment,but would like to confirm with the seasoned professionals that I have not lost my way and will be wasting my time and money. I am expecting to slightly over engineer my project and if that means an extra $200-$300 I'm OK with ...

Monday, March 31st 2008, 12:17pm

Responses

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately I could only access a portion of the line before the backflow preventer due to it going under concrete, but I did try to limit the amount of line at >5ft/sec just by common sense. I think I read in one of the irrigation tutorials that only a small length of restricted pipe is probably OK. I will be using Hunter HPV valves which claim to close slowly, I guess we will see. Thanks again.

Sunday, March 30th 2008, 11:41am

Water Hammer Concern

I am about ready to start on my installation of a new system and am concerned about the potential of water hammer. I have for the most part over engineered the system to avoid > 5ft/sec velocities but there are a couple of areas that may exceed it. My water meter is only a 3/4 inch meter, but I tapped into it with 1" Sch 80 which continues thru the backflow preventer and then I move to 1 1/4" Sch 40 all the way to the valves. After the valves, except the master control valve I have 1" CL200. So ...