You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, May 12th 2008, 5:18pm

Author: OakLawnMDB

PSI Problem?

Ok, I don't get how going to PGP or maxipaws would help, dropping the pressure from 30PSI to 25PSI, a re-calculation still shows Total Pressure loss at 49.9 when available pressure is 45PSI, I would still be negative?? Here are the calculations: Spigot PSI 45 Meter 5/8" Line 3/4" Max avail GPM 11 GPM Pressure Loss Table 4.5 PSI - Water Meter 11 PSI - Backflow RPV 1.4 PSI - House Mainline 2 PSI - Valves 25 PSI - Sprinker Heads 6 PSI - Laterals 49.9 PSI - Total Pressure Loss regards, Michael

Sunday, May 11th 2008, 4:50am

PSI Problem?

HooKooDooKu, Actually our subdivision is quite old, with a mixture of houses as far as age, our house is about 18 yrs old while others are as old as 50+. We are a Chicago suburb so the winters can be harsh. The 3/4" water line comes directly from the concrete floor into the water meter. Yesterday, I measured the pressure immediately after the water meter and it was @47 PSI, so no pressure regulator before or after the water meter once the water line gets into the house. I checked with a neighbor...

Saturday, May 10th 2008, 10:50am

PSI Problem?

I found this on Village website: Reduced Pressure Zone (RPZ) backflow prevention devices will be required on all residential and commercial underground irrigation systems. Back to work.... regards, Michael

Saturday, May 10th 2008, 7:21am

PSI Problem?

Thanks for the input guys! Another meter and/or line sounds like a lot of extra $$. We live in a residential area, 55FT wide lot, sidewalks, curbs etc. and the current line comes up through the lower level concrete floor. It doesn't sound like a simple or cheap option. I live in Oak Lawn, IL and a RPV is required by the village. I will be watering the front yard @1400 sq/ft, level ground no elevations. The 3/4" cooper feed from the street comes up through the concrete floor of the lower level of...

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 4:32pm

PSI Problem?

HooKooDooKu, Wet_Boots, Thanks for the replies. The service comes into the house in the lower level(split level) 3/4" to the meter, meter size is 5/8", out 3/4" then to the water heater and cold water line and into the crawl space to the rest of the house. The PSI measured 45PSI at both spigots. If there was a pressure regulator, wouldn't it be immediately after the water meter? I don't recall seeing and valves/pressure regulator on the 3/4" pipe in the crawl space to the two spigots. This weeke...

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 3:18pm

PSI Problem?

I followed Jess Stryker's tutorial and it appears that I do not have enough PSI. What can be done? Here are the figures: Spigot PSI 45 Meter 5/8" Line 3/4" Max avail GPM 11 GPM Pressure Loss Table 4.5 PSI - Water Meter 11 PSI - Backflow RPV 1.4 PSI - House Mainline 2 PSI - Valves 30 PSI - Sprinker Heads 6 PSI - Laterals 54.9 PSI - Total Pressure Loss Thanks! regards, Michael