You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 12:33pm

Author: tlflorek

Sprinkler to Mainline Connection

I was planning to use Sch 40 or 80 from the backflow preventer to the valves and poly from the valves to the heads. I assume that if the requirement is Sch 40 then Sch 80 is OK. Again, the concern here is the exposure to UV as it runs through the mulched flower beds. Terry

Tuesday, May 27th 2003, 4:07pm

Sprinkler to Mainline Connection

If one were wanting to use pvc, which is the correct pipe to use, sch 40 or 80? I've heard the 80 holds up better to UV. Some of my runs will be above ground through mulched flower beds. The dark color would hide better. Terry

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 4:12pm

ASV Valves

The instructions that came with my ASV valves say not to have a valve down stream of the ASV valve or damage may result. It appears to work for you. I wonder what they are worried about. Terry Terry

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 7:36am

Soaker Hoses

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Yes, connect a pressure regulator. Also, are you talking about the hose that you connect to a regular garden hose, or the hose specifically made for automatic drip irrigation? Alex <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote> I am using the soaker hoses made to connect to a garden hose. They seem to work go...

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 8:12am

Soaker Hoses

I have some narrow flower beds that I water with the sponge type soaker hoses. I am adding these areas to my automatic system. Are there any major issues with using these types of hoses in an automatic system? Generally the hose has a washer with a 1/8" or so hole in it, probably to act as a pressure regulator. Should I remove the washer and regulate with a pressure regulator? Terry

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 8:04am

ASV Valves

Yes, ASV anti-siphon valves are made by Hunter and Rainbird. I am installing a sprinkler system in established flower beds and don't want to dig things up. I figured that using the anti-siphon valves with poly tubing covered by the mulch was the least disruptive way to go. The valves are clustered in a central spot with the poly tubing going out to the sprinkler heads. Terry

Monday, May 5th 2003, 4:18pm

ASV Valves

If I use all ASV valves is there a need to install a main line backflow device? Terry

Monday, May 5th 2003, 4:17pm

Main Line Questions

I have a 3/4" feed from the street. I am using ASV valves clustered together. Is there any reason to feed the manifold with larger than the street size? Terry