You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Monday, June 1st 2009, 4:41am

Author: gh1120

Wilkins 720-a vs Conbraco 505-02

I currently have a Wilkins 720-a but the lower ball vavle casing cracked due to freezing. So I'm considering replacing with either a new Wilkins 720-A or a Conbraco 505-02. Any feedback on the Conbraco? Thanks

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 8:12pm

Wilkins 720A problem????

Thanks. I wanted to provide an update. I had closed the outflow side valve which then stopped the water spewing. I then openned the outflow vavle slowly to full open and no water spewed out.

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 7:39am

Wilkins 720A problem????

thanks. so I do anything or is it ok?

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 8:59pm

Wilkins 720A problem????

I installed a wilkins 720A PVB. I pressurized per the instructions. When I had the inlet side open, everything seemed to be fine. When I openned the oulet side, water starting coming out from under the cap. If I closed the outet it stopped. What I did notice was if I left the outlet side open partially, no problems. Not sure if this is correct or I have a problem.

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 8:55pm

transitioning from cpvc to pvc to feed PVB backflow

Thanks to everyone who responded. Let me address some of the open questions and let you know what I ended up doing. first, The water pipe before the water meeter is 3/4 flex. Don't know what's in the ground outside from the water company. I have seen some of my neighbors who had PVC (not cpvc) after tapping in running the full length of the basement to exit the other side of the house. Some other information I saw indicated PVC from allowed for a certain lenght (I think 5'). I ended up putting a...

Wednesday, April 23rd 2008, 8:33pm

transitioning from cpvc to pvc to feed PVB backflow

Trying to figure out where is the best place to transition from cpvc to pvc to feed the PVB preventer outside. Here's the situation. I have CPVC coming out of the meeting (well actually a short piece of copper that transitioned to cpvc). This is 3/4" Cpvc. I'm planning on installing a new tee (CPVC) into the up line, and on the new leg, install a ball vavle then an elbow to angle up toward the beams to go eventually go thru the rim board to the house side. At what point does it make sense to tra...

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 5:36am

Placement of valve manifold

Thanks everyone. I'm doing this work this weekend so if I have any problems I'll be sure to post.

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:10pm

Thanks Hi.Todd. Is there any benefit or is it advisable to put stone around the sleeves to add protection?

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 10:54am

Should I keep laterial leg straight to angel closer to heads?

I have one valve that will T off to go to two laterial legs. One the one side of the leg I have a question. If I keep the leg straight (option A attached) it will be further away from the heads meaning I will have to have longer feeds to the individual heads. The other option (B) is to angle (using 45 elbows) the one leg so that it gets to be within 1 ft of the heads. Which is better? I'm not sure of the angle will impact the water velocity or pressure. Note, the other leg is much longer because...

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 10:27am

I'm trying to figure out the best overall location of the manifold/valve box. Before I continue, a little background. Although not inplace today, within the next 6 months I will be installing a paver walkway on the side of the house. This will be about 6 ft away for the house creating a planting bed between the house and the walkway. This is the side of the house were the water feed will be and the PVB backflow preventer. The valves on this side of the house will be servicing 6-7 valves and the ...

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 10:10am

Install question - What to install to support winter blowout/winterization

I'm in the process of installing my irrigation system, and yes I'm a newbie. But have went thru this site and irrigationtutorials.com but still have a few questions. I'm going to post each question separately. This post is regarding what to install to be able to perform winterization blowouts in the future. Note, I will be installing a PVB backflow preventer and the system will have about 13 zones (10 rotor/spray and 3 drip). I have read different posts on what to use and where to place it. Most...