You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 5:23pm

Author: waterboy

I did the plumbing, did a wet test

I redid the test and I consistantly got 15-16 GPM @ 38psi. So for my main I am going to use 1 1/4 like I thought to slow things down and approx 2psi drop in 100' to a PGV Valve (angle) 1 psi drop, 1" (4-5psi drop/100') to I20 heads 5-6 per zone so If I am doing this right I should have about a 8psi drop in pressure and should have about 30 psi at the head. at least this is where I will start from in my design. Am I on the right track? Close? Thanks Mike

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 7:43pm

Thank you both for the response. I did the wet test just like the tutorial said I will do it again with a different guage just to make sure. If all is correct then I would be right to increase the main line to slow things down. and when you guys say a design of 12,14,16 GPM's, what ever your design flow is, thats what the capacity of all the heads in a zone should equal or close too, to opperate properly.

Monday, May 19th 2008, 2:51pm

I have the plumbing to the outside of the house and installed the Vacuume breaker. All 1" from a well to out side, I was able to push just over 20 GPM @ 41 psi. so does this mean I have 20 gallons @ 41psi to design my zones with? Based on one of the hunter charts at that rate my vel. is too fast and I should increase my main line to 1 1/4" to slow things down, am I understanding that correctly? that is 1 1/4" main, and then 1" from valves to heads. Would that mean I could safely put 6 I-20 heads...