You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 9:14pm

Author: AdamT

Hunter ICore is Turning on Two Stations at a Time.

It didn't do it in stations 13 - 18. I switched the modules and the problem went away, I'll come back if the problem does. Thanks, Adam

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:00pm

Hunter ICore is Turning on Two Stations at a Time.

I had a hunter ICore(16 zones) installed last year and it has done a great job. I also added a Hunter Et/weather station that has worked well with the ICore. This year my system has decided to act up a little. I ran a 5 minute test on every station yesterday to make sure the patterns were still good and I noticed that station 1 would come on with 7, 2 came on with 8, 3 came on with 9,... . Stations 1- 6 run without additional stations coming on. The only change that I have made was to make progr...

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 5:40pm

Is this OK to use as a backflow device?

I ordered the PVB yesterday. I checked with one of the plumbers at work and he recommended using CPVC and anchoring it to the house. Much cheaper and I wasn't looking forward to soldering next to my gas meter anyway. Adam

Saturday, July 25th 2009, 7:29pm

Is this OK to use as a backflow device?

I am still trying to install a sprinkler system using as much of the original system(destroyed by previous owners) as possible. This was installed at one of the original 1" taps. It is a Strataflo 352 check valve with 1/4" taps on both sides of the valve. I think it was originally installed right before this spigot Is it a valid backflow device, it would be 16" - 20" below the highest sprinkler head. I want to do this system properly, but I got a little freaked out when I went to get a $100 PVB ...

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 5:56pm

Is 1 1/4 " Pipe really necessary?

None of the water will have to go more than 165' past the valve.If I am reading the chart correctly, I should have @ 9 psi loss at 9 fps velocity with 1" pipe. Am I doing this right? Do I have to add up all of the pipe going to all 7 of the heads?

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 5:43pm

Reusing the Reduced Pressure Backflow Device from old sprinkler system

The property is definitely not flat. There is probably a 12'- 14' difference in height between the highest and lowest point. The Neptune is about half way.

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 8:30pm

Thanks for the advice, I found a couple of local lawn sprinkler companies that offer testing. Adam

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 8:22pm

hi. todd, I am the same guy with the reduced pressure backflow device. My house had a system, once upon a time. I have a 1" copper service line with a 1"(45' ?) copper line teed off of it that feeds the irrigation system. I tested it at the 1/2" spigot that is teed off of the irrigation system feed. The heads will be Rainbird; Circuit #1; 14.1 GPM, 6 - 5004's(1-1.0,4-1.5,1-2.0), 3- 3500's(2-1.0,1-2.0). total of 237' of 1-1/4"(trunk + distribution) Circuit #2; 14.6 gpm, 9 - 5004's (8-1.5, 1-2.0)....

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 7:51pm

Thanks for the reply. How do I find a licensed inspector? Are you licensed through the state plumbing inspector? Water dept? It is still hooked up to the water supply, does it need to be hooked up to a completed irrigation system? Iam fairly new to Colorado and this is my first experience with irrigation systems. Adam

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 6:43pm

ET Controllers

My local water dept offers rebates on et controllers, but I can't figure out what they are or how to buy one. Does anyone have any info. My system will probably be all Rainbird. Adam

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 5:53pm

I'm not sure why the pics won't work. They work fine on my message, but won't show up on the preview or the post. Adam

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 5:51pm

I had Rainbird do a sprinkler design for me and they spec'd out 1 1/4" pipe all of the way out to each of the heads on 4 of the zones. This seems like it might be overkill. I hate to cheap out but since 1 1/4" poly pipe seems to be about twice as much as 1", it would make a big difference on 1100'+. The 4 zones are designed for 14-14.4 GPM's. I tested my system at 15 GPM's(1/2" spigot) and 76 psi. These zones are at the lowest point of my sloped lot. Adam

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 5:07pm

I am going to install a new sprinkler system and I want to reuse the Reduced pressure backflow preventer from the old system. The old system hasn't been operational for at least a few years, according to the neighbors. I want to know if there is away to test it to see if it is operational and what the 4 taps off of the side can be used for. I have attached a couple of pics of the unit, it is a 1" Neptune model 575. [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/2471562821_7d9f1f49f2.jpg?v=0[/img] [img...