You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:27pm

Author: cbrown

Help display blank problem - Rain Bird E Class Controller

Brun <But I am unsure about the output voltages from transformer. Comparing the ground wire (green) to the two 24 VAC wires (black), found one wire with 24 VAC. The other wire was 0 VAC. Question, should both wires have 24 VAC?> Well, the answer is no. There should be 24 VAC on one terminal only. The terminal that reads 0 VAC is the common neutral for the controller power and valves coils. As you may know, that green wire is the equipment grounding conductor for the safety system in your buildin...

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:19pm

R900 went wierd also.

Just thought that I would add my 2cents worth in. We use a Irritrol RD900 controller. I also noticed that the unit would act in the craziest manner at times. The final straw was that the + button appeared to lock on. I pulled the controller prior to sending it back to Irritrol for service. While it was in my shop I took the thing apart and found mold on the back and front of the circuit board. I used a little isopropol alcohol and a toothbrush to clean the board and let it dry. I reinstalled the...

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 1:13pm

Irritrol 216B Valve problem.

Hi All We have a 8 zone system that one of the valves has acted up in. We bought a new unit (Irritrol 216B)and replaced the top unit (bonnett?) in the field and the valve was good as new. We then took the valve to the electronics shop and disassembled the thing. Everything looked OK. The diaphram assembly did not appear to have any cracks or such damage under examanation with bright backlighting. The solenoid was checked with 24VAC and clicked in and out smoothly. The vent ports appeared to be c...