You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 6:25am

Author: gsamu

What is the correct Main Line Dimension?

Thank you for all of your valuable information. Things make much more sense now. I was finally able to test my static and dynamic pressure yesterday and I was disappointed. This is what I found: meter: 3/4" main line 3/4" static pressure: varies between 45 and 50 dynamic pressure: 40 psi, 1 gpm maximum gpm: 5 psi, maximum 5 1/2 gpm This is my existing meter for both water and sewer. I have ordered a dedicated 3/4" meter just for landscaping and it should be installed this week by the city. Betwe...

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 5:08am

A Newbie Question

I think that this is a basic question so hopefully someone can help me. My water meter is 3/4". How can I upsize the mainline for less friction loss? Are there specific adapters that can be used? Can I upsize directly from the meter so my RPZ is also upsized? Thank you

Friday, May 16th 2008, 3:20pm

This is a continuation of my first question. I am new at this as you can tell. I will be needing 8 zones, 5 will be strictly drip and 3 will be more conventional sprinkler heads. I am puzzled about which values to use considering I have two different application. Rainbird offers the Xerigation ¾” XCZ075PRF which puts out from .2 to 5.0 GPM. I will be having primarily 3-10 gallon shrubs and trees in my initial planting. Will this range of GPM be enough for small 6’-8’ trees? Rainbird also offers ...

Friday, May 16th 2008, 3:01pm

I am having installed a dedicated water meter strictly for irrigation. It is a ¾” meter with a FE860-075 - Febco 3/4" Reduced Pressure Assembly. Is it possible to run the main line as a 1” line rather than a ¾” line from the RPV to the valves. I guess I am a little confused due to the water meter being ¾”. Does this mean that I need to stay with a ¾” or will increasing the main line to 1” be beneficial?

Monday, May 12th 2008, 4:56pm

Combining Sprinkler Heads and Drip Lines

Thank you for your answer. I did plan on putting the drip and sprinklers on separate zones as you suggested. When assembling a manifold, can I mix the different valves that are needed for the drip and conventional sprinkler?

Monday, May 12th 2008, 2:12pm

Combining Sprinkler Heads and Drip Lines

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I will be moving into my new house in two weeks and was told that I needed eight zones. I have not done the calculations yet but is there any problem combining 6 drip zones and 2 conventional sprinkler zones (for the lawn area) into one controller. If I need to use different valves for the two different systems, can I still take multiple valves and install them together?