You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Wednesday, September 5th 2007, 4:52am

Author: rjhuss

Trouble with Nelson Smartzone EZ

My program does have two start times, 7:00am and 7:00pm. But the controller runs each zone twice at each time.

Tuesday, September 4th 2007, 12:46pm

Trouble with Nelson Smartzone EZ

I just recently moved into a new home that has a complete Nelson system installed. I have never used Nelson equipment and have a question with my controller. It seems like my program always runs two times each cycle, Is this normal? Example, 6 zones x 10min each. When I set it to run this program at 7:00am, it will do the following. 1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6 I have erased the entire program and started over with the same result. Do you think there is something wrong with this controller???

Thursday, August 21st 2003, 3:31pm

Spray Heads

Follow up information: I ordered some replacement Rainbird MPR Nozzels from Sprinkler Warehouse. Huge difference. The Rainbird nozzels are much better then the Hunter. I am not sure if the nozzels are that much better or the fact that they are now full circle nozzels instead of adjustable arc nozzels. I think part of my problem with the Hunter nozzels was because they were adjustable arc and I needed to open them up to 360 degrees.

Monday, August 4th 2003, 9:42am

Spray Heads

I just installed some Hunter SRS spray's with the Hunter Adj arc heads. I am very unhappy with the spray pattern I am gettig with Hunter 10' heads. The 15' heads seem to work fine. The pattern is not complete. It almost looks as if the head is being blocked by dirt, but the blocked sections seem to move around. Is there anything I can do to improve the spray pattern? If I was going to replace these heads with new ones, What would you recommend? ( RainBird, Nelson.???) I don't plan on replacing t...

Monday, July 21st 2003, 10:13am

Pipe Size, Type of Pipe, Head Locations??

I can't comment on the size of the pipe, but I can comment on Blazing Saddles. I am currently in the process of installing my own system and I am using Blazing Saddles were ever I can. These thing's are so cool....... They are definatly worth the cost. I highly recommend you use them if you can.

Thursday, July 10th 2003, 4:47am

Pulling pipe in a straight Line...

Every sample layout that I have seen in all of the "How-to" books show all of the pipe pulled in straight lines with 90 degree corners. I will be using 1" poly pipe and was wodering what effect if any having some curves will have. I am not talking about major zig-zag type curves, just going around tree trunks and around the end of houses. It seems to me that I read somewhere that a curved pipe will reduce pressure because of the constent friction on the outside surface of the pipe. It doesn't se...

Wednesday, June 25th 2003, 3:41am

Rainbird 5000plus VS PGP

There is about a $2 difference between the 5000+ and the PGP. The difference for my entire project will be less then $50. Should I save the money and go with the PGP? Are the Rainbird "RainCurtain" nozzles better then the Hunter nozzles? I am interested in using Low Angle nozzles on some of my heads and they come with the 5000+, but I could purchase the heads that I need for the PGPs.

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 4:14pm

Low Angle Rotors - ???

I am designing my new sprinkler system and considering using all Low Angle heads. As I look around my neighborhood I see lot's of standard rotors with the water just " Blowing in the wind". Is this a good idea? Do LA' perform better in windy areas? Are there any con's that I should consider before using LA's? If so, what brand of LA rotors would you use? I have been looking at the Rainbird 5000's or the PGP's.

Sunday, June 1st 2003, 10:04am

New Well and Pump - Low GPM ????

I just installed a new shallow sand point well ( 25ft). I used a 2" pvc point. On the surface I reduced the 2" pvc to 1.5" then connected a check valve and a union to the front of my pump. The pump I am using is a Myers QP15 ( 1.5hp). My configuration is almost the same as my Neighbors setup with the exception that he used a 2" check valve before he reduces to 1.5" for the pump. This configuration for me is only producing about 10 GPM. My neighbor is getting about 18 - 20 gpm out of his setup. A...