You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, August 4th 2008, 9:32pm

Author: sprinkled

trees

A small yard with a large tree. Yard only has 8 sprinkler heads (pop ups). The sprinklers are intentionally spraying water half way up the trunk of the tree. Isn't this going to cause mold and alge to grow on the tree trunk? The landscapers redirected the sprinklers to do this so they could say that the trees are getting adequate watering resulting in all this new growth. I know this to be BS but why would they want to intentionally kill our trees? Is it so they can create an enviroment of which...

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 4:14pm

Educate Me Please

Can someone tell me or direct me where to find out the following information. A diagram of a properly installed sprinkler system. What is done and how it's done after it is installed and the water is first turned onto the system. How a system behaves when it doesn't have backflow prevention in place, etc. I'm an HOA board member and I'm trying to educate myself so that I can educate other members. In order to properly and fairly evaluate our landscapers we have to know if they know what they are...

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 3:45am

Repairing pipe already covered in connectors

In the long run, it just doesn't make sense. The only cost effective solution is to do the repairs as if you were installing it new. May as well get a warranty this time. If it leaks today and you put glue on anything eventually you will have leak after leak. The structural integrety is compromised. Granted the glue will hold if you just can't afford it but it will cause you problems in the long run. Glue is a bandaid not a cure. This is just my opinion and seen in the hoa i live in.

Friday, July 25th 2008, 5:54pm

Forgive me I'm a bit ignorant in this arena.

Am I correct in understanding that what your saying is the a swing joint connected between the head and the sprinkler pvc. Will extend the life of the heads and nozzles? Our system was build back in 1979 and is getting more and more expensive to repair. We go from replacing 62 sprinklers within a few months. With 1 or 2 main line or lateral line breaks to replacing 26 heads and 26 nozzles which we should not be paying for after spending 4190.00 on them within the last 10 or 11 months to spending...

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 10:00pm

Sprinkler heads and nozzles

We use city water. It does have a high calcium content. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks for the suggestions to ask for the parts back. Good one! As far as the way repairs are made. Well maybe this will give you an idea. If a mainline break occurrs and it happens alot then they repair it by adding a sprinkler. Yards and common areas both have sprinklers in places that are 6" apart. In a couple of yards they put spinklers in the middle of the yard. How do you flush the system of any slud...

Thursday, July 10th 2008, 8:49am

sprinkler heads and nozzles

What is the life expectancy of nozzles and heads? In August of 2007 our association replaced 2109 sprinkler heads. We only have 171 homes. We have very small small front yards and little common area. However, our landscapers keep charging us for heads and nozzles. When you consider that each yard has 8 sprinklers most all of them were replaced in august. Is it typical to replace these parts so often? How can we ensure we aren't taking a shower on this kind of thing? Landscaping is too expensive ...