You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 10:37pm

Author: sdntx

Question about pressure loss on a hill

Thanks for the response Jeff. The 10gpm@30psi was just a simulation. I rigged up a device to connect to the POC with a pressure gauge and a manual ball valve. I choke down the valve to the expected dyanamic pressure and check the flow. I don't have a flow/pressure meter to find the actual dynamic pressure. I figured the pressure losses with loss charts. 294' of 1"CL200=3.35psi,1"valve=1.5psi,double check=4psi. If I include the service line, 600' of 11/4"=3.8psi and 5/8" meter=3.7psi it adds up t...

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 3:27pm

Author: sdntx

Question about pressure loss on a hill

I am trying to install a sytem on a house that is about 60 feet higher than the meter. The service line to the house is 1 1/4 Sch 40 with a distance of 600 feet from the meter to the house. The static pressure at the house is about 44-52 psi(it varies). I tapped the service line just before it enters the house and did a flow test that showed I am getting about 10 gpm at 30psi. I figured pressure losses to be about 9 psi from the farthest head to the point I tapped the service line. That includes...