You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, September 8th 2008, 7:06pm

Author: five0.4tluv

resolved

I'm sure this was not my original problem. but the new valve is working. I had read not to over-tighten the bleed valve, so I left it a little backed off causing it to be open. Oh well, I atleast cleaned up my wiring and learned something in case I decide to do irrigation full time. Thanks to all for the ideas.

Friday, September 5th 2008, 5:29pm

valve was clear

let me try to clarify. I just spent another hour troubleshooting no debris in valve removed solenoid and unwired all wires at the zone5 valve in this configuration no zone runs, VC loop disconnected (this is what I would expect) the VC wire from controller ties into 2 whites at the spot in the ground where all controller wires meet their valve at the faulty zone (zone5) valve, there are 2 whites and 1 red. if I turn on zone1 and measure the voltage at zone5 control wire the controller wire is di...

Friday, September 5th 2008, 1:46pm

more...

not a problem... I've uncovered all the controller wires. they were just buried in the ground. My plan is to mark and clean up all the connections and put them in a ground control box. If that does not fix it I will run a new control wire above ground to the controller to see if I can narrow it down. I would guess it would not be a problem with the Valve Common wire connections. If these attempts fail, I'll call in the experts.

Friday, September 5th 2008, 11:36am

update

the valve is clean. today, when I try to run any zone with the zone5 control wire and solenoid removed, nothing runs. if I leave the solenoid removed and just connect it up, I get water at zone5 and the other zone. A new solenoid installed and connected produces the same results.

Friday, September 5th 2008, 7:17am

valve replaced

first, thanks to everyone. valve and solenoid was replaced yesterday. zone5's solenoid wires are disconnected and zone5 still runs when ANY other zone runs. when power is removed or the zone that is "active" stops, zone5 stops also I have a master valve ME, I did not install the valve, my landscaper did it. this was the exact symptom before the valve/solenoid was replaced and I attributed it to the damaged diaphragm.

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:17pm

2 zones run at the same time

I have a new problem with my system. I have a 12 zone system, here is the history to date. Zone 5 runs at the same time as any other zone. I first replaced the solenoid on valve5, then removed the cap and noticed the diaphragm was damaged. I could not find the correct replacement so I've replace the entire valve. That did not fix the problem. I removed the control wire from the controller, still no help. I have now unplugged both solenoid wires from the system common and the control wire from th...