You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, July 15th 2003, 4:35pm

Author: dspayne

Irritrol Valve Leak?

I think I found the problem. There is a small nipple on the underside of the upper valve body (solenoid mounts directly over it). There is an o ring that fits around the nipple so that when the 2 halves are screwed together the space is sealed off. When the valve was assembled at the factory, the o ring was not seated properly and was pinched. Not forming a good seal which allowed water and air to leak in. Thus causing the leak and also the valve stopped closing (that zone ran for 4 hours last S...

Friday, June 27th 2003, 7:25pm

Irritrol Valve Leak?

no, underneath of where the solenoid plugs in is a small opening. I would have guess it was something like a pressure relief opening or some kind of drain. However, the only time water comes out is when the valve is open, not when it is closed.

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 6:29am

Irritrol Valve Leak?

I just installed a new Irritrol 2713APR 1 inch- Anti-Siphon Control Valve w/Flow Control. When I open the valve (electrically or manually), there is a leak from an opening underneath the solenoid. It's not a steady stream, but a fast drip. Is this normal? This is the first valve in my new system and I have been unable to find any documentation on this valve other than sales rhetoric. Thanks