You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 11:14pm

Author: Plano80

Spray head to use on side of house

rough estimate would be from the edge of my house to where I need to water to is about, width 5 to 5.5 feet. Length which is not a problem is about 80 feet. I would like to water from the edge of my house outward if possible. thanks

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 7:47pm

Spray head to use on side of house

I am trying to find the best spray head to use on the side of my house(between my house and house next to me) so it doesn't spray too much on the yard next to me. I have tried using 1/4 and 1/2 spray heads but could not reduce the flow enough. I have also tried a square pattern. That seems my best bet but are there any other spray heads I could use for this. thanks

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 9:00pm

Main line water pressure

I always heard to go up one size from your main line that is why I used a 3/4"pvc pipe. So, if I was coming off of a 1/2' pipe it would still be ok to go up to a 1" pvc pipe and then use 3/4" pvc pipe for lateral line to sprinkler heads. thanks for your help

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 12:46am

Main line water pressure

HooKooDooKu, I checked the front and back and both faucets bibs reads 50psi. Right now I am using a 3/4" pvc coming off the faucet header line and then using 1/2" pvc lateral line to sprinkler head. My main line close to the meter is using a 1/2" copper pipe with 50psi that is 6.5 gpm. You said 6gpm going through a 1/2" copper pipe reaches the danger zone. Does this mean I could have a pipe inside my house burst by setting up this type of system using the ouside faucet? If that is the case it wo...

Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 12:14am

main line water source

I checked the main water line and it seems to use a 1/2 copper pipe. With 50psi that still gives me about 6.5gpm if my calculations are correct. The reason I was just using the faucet is I didn't know if it was legal for me to tap into the main water line without a professional doing it. I did check on it and for a plumber doing it, it would cost about $700 to connect to the main water line and with a double check valve. That is a little steep for me at this time. My system I just started (just ...

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 5:29pm

Main line water pressure

I have installed a set of sprinkler heads (3 1/4 spray heads ans 2 1/2 spray heads)that use 6GPM using one zone. Distance from one sprinkler head to another is max 20ft. I am using the water supply from the lawn water faucet. The water pressure seems a little low. The pressure from the open water faucet is 50psi. I don't detect any leaks. Should I have about the same pressure if I tap into water faucet or the main water line? I should have about 15gpm available with 50psi. thanks