You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:38am

Author: JimLewis

Toro Hydraulic system (old) won't shut off!

I agree with Wet Boots. Those systems are a royal PITA. At some point, you just have to start over. Seems that time has already passed.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:34am

installation of a new sprinkler system

I don't understand. What's the purpose of the sprinkler system? Is this a sprinkler system for fire-control? Or are you just trying to get the ground wet once in a while?

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:32am

new installation leaks and clogs

So the water source is a well??? What kind of filtration have you installed on the system to protect the drip system from sediment coming in from the well water?

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:27am

Replaacement Controller

I agree. Probably not a controller problem. More likely a field wiring problem or maybe a solenoid problem. First, I would check all the field wiring. May very well be that the wiring has become crossed or shorted somewhere over time. Anyway, the ESP-6TM is basically the same, but does not have some of the features that the ESP-6 had. For instance, with an ESP-6 you could turn the dial to a certain zone and press "start" and just that zone would turn on. You can't do that with the 6-TM. I would ...

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 4:32pm

Is it bad watering at night?

Sorry, I know I am bringing up an old topic. But new people might look this up so I wanted to add something. First of all, like the others have said, it's a bad idea to water at night. And like HooKoo said, it's mainly because it promotes disease and insects. Specifically, watering at night isn't the problem. The problem is watering on WARM SUMMER NIGHTS! When it's above 60-70 degrees at night, and you add water to the mix, now you have the perfect breeding ground for insects and disease. Wateri...

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 4:28pm

Recent experience with Borzit or Borit (tunneling) under a walkway

That's been my experience with boring in general. I haven't used this brand before. But I have used several in the past and I've always found most systems to be reliable for going under sidewalks, etc. but whenever I've tried to go under something long like a driveway, it never worked. Nowadays, we just hire the directional boring company. They do it in 45 minutes with their $100K ditchwitch for $450.00. Quick and simple.

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 4:23pm

How do I install my Sprinkler System under a 20 ft wide Driveway

Over $1000 for boring under a 20' driveway????? No way. Most companies in my area will do it for $400-$450. This is by far the best solution. I advise you to keep shopping around for a more affordable directional boring company. ESPECIALLY in this economy, you should be able to find someone to do it for a lot less than those prices you mentioned above. That's ridiculous!!!

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 4:16pm

What brand rotors should I commit to?

If you have anything over 45 psi than pressure definitely IS an issue. Because a Hunter PGP at, say 75 psi will work, but you'll use 30% more water to accomplish the same thing that the Rain Bird 5004 PRS head would. Almost everyone has more than 45 psi, so almost always the RB 5004 PRS heads will save you money. It's just a matter of how much. You can make the system even MORE efficient by coupling the 5004 PRS rotors with Rain Birds MPR nozzles. That duo is the most efficient rotor system in t...

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 4:11pm

Rotor Comparison - Have You Changed?

I've switched from the Hunter PGP to the Rain Bird 5000 within the last few years. That's the only switch in rotors I've made.

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 4:09pm

Hunter vs Rainbird Controller

I know this thread is a little old. But I wanted to chime in, if only for new people considering the same question. I love the Rain Bird ESP-M controllers. Easiest to program of all the controllers (except maybe the STPi). And most functions of any residential controller too. Also expandable up to 13 zones. I am a Rain Bird guy. So you'd expect me to say that, right. But honestly, probably the single biggest reason I am a RB guy is because of their awesome controllers. I used to install systems ...