You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:20pm

Author: OSLSprinkler

PGP and MP Rotators on the same zone?

keep it simple. the PGP and the MP Rotor nozzle can be mixed together. That is the intent of the design of the MP Rotor. No need to get all zen like over it.

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:10pm

Station didn't shutoff

a station (zone) that is stuck open is most likely a diaphram problem inside the valve. If you know your zone 5 valve: shut the water source, remove the top of the valve (make sure you dont loose any parts are keep close eye on how it goes together). while the top is off gently flush out the valve by cracking the water. Either clean or replace the diaphram inside that valve with the proper replacement model. Mark Cardarelli Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler RI Master Irrigator 000003

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:04pm

Bleed valve must be open for system to work.

when you open up that "first station" does a zone come on? Sounds like perhaps you have a master valve on the system? (a single valve that must open with each individual valve to bring water from one point to another).

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:01pm

No stations work using controller...time to replace???

with the on screen problems, the timer seems to be on the way out. Did you check out the fuses inside the timer? A blown fuse will prevent the system from running.

Friday, May 14th 2010, 9:17pm

5 valves - 10 zones?

you should only be running one valve per zone. One valve cannot control 2 zones. Zone 3 is staying on because of a diaphram problem. You'll loose pressure on any other zone you turn on because zone 3 is stuck open and you've drawing to much pressure away from how the system is built. are you on a well? Look at the timer wiring. Are you missing a wire in every other slot in the timer's zone terminals? Some installers found a cheat way of putting what we call "well recovery breaks" into the progra...

Friday, May 14th 2010, 9:12pm

Can't get water to turn on

If you have a zone on, can hear water running in the system, (from the backflow or valves, etc) but don't see any heads popping up... you mentioned a wet spot on the lawn... I'd consider looking into a possible break in the pipe in that wet spot. The broken pipe will take pressure away from that zone popping up or perhaps prevent it from running all togehter If there is no leak, consider a valve problem. Mark Cardarelli RI Master Irrigator #000003 Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc.

Friday, May 14th 2010, 9:09pm

Rain delay

you should consider installing a rain sensor (wireless models are easiest) and you will never have to worry about running to the timer to delay again. The sensor can be adjusted for diff. depths or rainfall. i use the Toro GK-212 timer. It allows for rain delays up to 7 days if you like and will also do an odd/even schedule for those who have watering restrictions. Mark Cardarelli RI Master Irrigator #000003 Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc.

Friday, January 8th 2010, 10:17pm

I cant find the right control / timer for my needs

Take a look at the Toro TMC-212 Controller. http://www.toro.com/irrigation/res/smturfcont/tmc212/index.html This controller has a special functions option that allows for Pump Start and Master Valve settings. You might benefit from this timer because you can run multipule programs at one time (A,B, and C). Program A will have the Master Valve on, Program B you will turn it off. You would have Program A run from say 10AM to 10:15AM (both Master Valve and Zone One will Turn on) Then have Program B...

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 7:46am

Split Zone/Valve

Check out the MP Rotator Nozzles. It gives you the ability to change a constant, fix sprayed head to a multi stream, rotating head (much like the style of the Toro 300). It will use less GPM and give you the ability to mix the heads on one zone without having to break apart, add zones, (all your concerns), etc.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:36pm

System Install questions/tips

I guess, I know some area's dont allow for poly pipe- PVC only. Florida I believe? I couldn't even imagine doing it all by trench, I'll take my vibratory plow and the abiltiy to make great runs hundreds of feet long while turning!! Backsaver!!!

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:32pm

Installing a PVB in the Basement

PVB inside is a big NO. Here in RI, most cities and towns will even dictate the types of backlfow preventors that can be used, and specific codes to follow for installation. These codes vary from town to town. I would find out what is acceptable in your area by checking with the local building dept. In most cases, a PVB can be an eye sore, so try to install it as low as possible while still maintaining 1 foot above the highest head in the yard and try to install it on the back of a house, or a l...

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:53am

Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc. servicing RI since 1983

Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc www.OSLSprinkler.com email at: OSLSprinkler@verizon.net We are a professional lawn sprinkler company serving Rhode Islanders since 1983. We specialize in the installation and maintenance of residential, commercial, and athletic field sprinkler systems. Our systems are designed to provide overlapping coverage and our service is quick and reliable. We are also proud to maintain a fully licensed and state regulated work crew at all times. Call us today and see why Oc...

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:43am

Wireless Rain-Clik Rain Sensor

There are open circuit and closed circuit rain sensors. Follow the wiring advice of Lush 96 and add a small jumper wire between the two rain sensor terms as aquatech wrote. The rainsensor does nothing more then cut the electrical loop from the timer to the valves. When the sensor is activated, the light will still come on. The timer will continue to run as it would, but no power is sent to the valves. Most rain sensors have a battery life of 5 years, so consider changing the batteries also. You ...

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:31am

System Install questions/tips

I would honestly consider the use of a vibratory plow. In the long run you're looking at less disturbance to the lawn and less time. Why do you want to go trencher?

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:28am

Help with my site.

Joe. I think your site looks very good. We seem to be comparible in companies. I'm located in RI. Check out www.OSLSprinkler.com Mark

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:19am

making backflow removable

PVB backflows in general don't need to be removed if you've winterized the system properly. personally, I like to remove RPZ backflows for customers for the winter. They have a high probability of not draining, and freezing and the replacement value alone dicates common sense. They are easily removed with two unions and stored inside. As for the PVB, you can either add unions, purchase a new backflow that comes with unions now (check out the Febco model). or, remove the top bell shaped cover and...

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:08am

Please help...dont know what is going on...

What type of backflow is it? RPZ? PVB? It is not a valve problem. Are you actively looking at the backflow when it's hissing? Check the obvious: are inspection ports completely closed off? Are there any cracks in the body of the backflow? If the backflow is double check, open the first handle (in direction of water flow), but close the second handle that goes to the valves. Turn the main water on and let the backflow fill (make sure all your valves are closed). After the backflow fills and provi...

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:00am

Hunter PGV does not shut off

The problem seems to be either dirt/debris in the valve body or on the diaphram. carefully take the questionable valve apart and look inside for small debris that can be removed (sometimes a small pebble or rock will cause the diaphram not to reseat). Gently flush the opened valve body by cracking open the water main (best done in a 2 person operation with 2 way communication). Don't go to much or you're likely to blast material back into it. Take a clean towel and wash and wipe the diaphram cle...