You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 6:01pm

Author: debo

Please help with FEBCO vacuum breaker!!

Quoted from "Tolu" Thanks a lot Mitchgo!! That really helps. Puts everything in perspective! Sure you can. About $75 dollars and about 45 minutes...done. For get repairing the valve, buy a new one and install it.

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 9:15pm

RE: Check a system for underground leak

in Houston, good luck with that... Been there...Water price are like at a "Bernie" Madoff" level..

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 9:09pm

Service Question/Price

Quoted from "Central Irrigation" And you proably just covered your mileage. $150 isn't out of line for a well established, one-stop irrigation shop. Companies such as these spend lots of money maintaing their overhead in order to better serve their customers. I wouldn't rip on someone's pricing, it typically reflects what type of service a customer can expect, with exceptions. Customer's have the choice of what amount of money they wish to spend, that's why we give qoutes. Does the reputation o...

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 9:07pm

Manifold box height

Quoted from "mowinman" I just take a VB from HD, for example and install at what height is around it (grass ,mulch etc)..Also there are not "cheapies" in valve boxes...Not to hard here folks. Do not make it out more complex then needed.

Friday, December 10th 2010, 7:15pm

problem

problem is sprinkler people think there is some "black magic" behind these systems...It is wires, pipes and water... Do it yourself and save 90%..I was doing a replacment of (3) PGP and the customer stated she was given a price of $150 to fix them..I said $60 since it took about 15 mintues...

Friday, December 10th 2010, 7:11pm

Hunter PGP Ultra or I20?

Use the PGP since the I-20 SUCK on distribution of water..I have tried up to hunter I-45: I -40 spray better but need more PSI.

Friday, December 10th 2010, 7:09pm

Febco 765 leaking when using compressor for winterization

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Try closing the valves on the 765 before you hook up the air. Build up pressure, then open the inlet valve. Then it will be safe to open the outlet valve and proceed. Wet is correct. I close my BF ball valves, on my unions, before and after BF: then open valve before to "pop" poppet" then it will not leak..Then blow on the lines...easy

Friday, December 10th 2010, 7:07pm

My take

I installed about 120 heads on my yard this year: 90% with the old reds and the rest with blue...You cannot tell the diff...Do not waste your money.

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 8:16pm

Trenching on a hillside for laying sprinker pipe?

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" Opps.... yea, wrong month that starts with "Ma"... It would be interesting to learn what (if anything) they finally did. And this is a hard install why???? It is simple if you have the correct equ....

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 8:12pm

Hunter head spaying water around the nozzle turret when up

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" It's a failure of the wiper seal, and a common problem with some popup heads. Head replacement is the only sure sure. Install the new heads just a tad above grade, to keep dirt away from the seal area. Correct and Hunter, since I called says this is common in sandy areas and seals will not last long..Most time it is cheaper to install new head then replace....

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 8:10pm

Hunter Blue Rotary Nozzles

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" No, you are supposed to save nozzle trees from the cases of PGP's you install. True but it does not matter. He wants many of the same kinds...The Blue nozzles are nothing special other then a up-sell for Hunter vs Rainbird... He can buy a blue nozzles cheap online..I still use the red ones since I have cases of them and they work just fine. Ps. Most installers, rip off, will NOT give the homeowners the nozzles since it cost them most...

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 7:53pm

PVB back flow placement

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Make it at least 18 inches higher at a minimum, and you gain some potentially valuable wiggle room, in the event that an inspector figures clearance from the bottom of the PVB Depends on the location, state, since most states will NOT come out and inpsect this...The fear of a city inforcing rules....

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 8:54pm

Rain-Clik Rain Sensor

Rain sensors are nice, but they do not work to help the customer most times....

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 8:51pm

PGP and MP Rotators on the same zone?

It is bad, but I do it today...You need to know the precip #'s and you might be okay.

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:23pm

Simple Design Questions

Quoted from "worachj" Here's a link to a good design tutorial, I found it very helpful. It will help you with figuring out how many heads per zone you can have. Also find and look at the nozzle performance charts for your rainbird heads. http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler00.htm good site and the pros will still complain that it is more complex to justify there high-priced rates.

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:19pm

RE: Loud Noise when sprinklers go on??? help please...

I agree with Todd. Spend about $20, solder it in and be okay.

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:13pm

casue I wanted

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" And what location did the Original Poster provide, for you to pronounce judgement on what is what. Today's non-existent regulations can become tomorrow's iron-clad requirements, and when it comes to water supplies, the powers that be can be entirely remorseless in using their enforcement powers to get what they want. Homes can be condemned over lack of backflow prevention, and it's all legal and proper. Why not spend a few bucks, and head them off at the pass? That the s...

Monday, September 14th 2009, 3:47pm

PVC piping

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" EVERYTHING isn't required to be 18" down. As an example, phone lines and cable tv lines (at least the ones leading to your house) are never burried that deep. 6 inches is a maybe. But then again, these are not lines that risk life and limb should they be hit. And just because those that came before you is no reason to skip following code. For one, it might not be an utter lack of respect for the code, but someone making a mistake, basically two contractors not properly...

Monday, September 14th 2009, 3:41pm

Any reason I can't use a $20 flapper check valve for backflow control?

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" As long as you employ wording like "HIS own water" it is very clear that you do not comprehend the laws regarding water supplies. Be it well or pond or creek, it is never "your water" ~ all the water in and on the ground belongs to the state. This has been an established fact of our laws for generations. It doesn't take any great leap of imagination to understand why. Say the richest man on the hilltop estate drills a well deeper than any for miles and miles around, and ...

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 12:34pm

PVC piping

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" You're bringing up codes again??? Come on, there is a reason these codes have been written. They have been written by people who are experienced with this stuff and know many of the various failure modes. The write the code so that inexperienced twerps like you and me can safely install this stuff and avoid the various failure modes we are not familier with. So, when you ever find your self questioning why a certain code is in place, that means your in over your head (...