You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 12:33am

Author: WakeUpMaggy

Valve won't close

We have an old system with 11 zones in 2 boxes. Hardie 3/4 valves and 1" lines, all downsized to fit. Hardie valves are small and it's difficult to replace them within the same space. I had to turn off the water to the whole system in mid July, high desert with new grass seedlings coming up. One has broken DEEP inside, the brass wire that holds the actual valve in place with a spring inside. I used to be able to order the entire Hardie replacement valve from Basic Irrigation Parts, then I was ab...

Monday, May 18th 2009, 8:29am

More Ancient Valves...

I found a new irritrol 205 locally so guess what? The bonnet fit, nice hex screws that can use a socket, but the base is not a match. The new one has a much deeper diaphram and lower inflow rim on the base. So I took the old one, scrubbed all the parts, used the new screws, the old hex solenoid and somehow got it working again. WHEW! Was going to be one long painful summer. Quoted from "WakeUpMaggy" Ok Ok, yes I have one in my cart already. Ebay is just so easy because of PayPal, but I see that ...

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 4:53am

More Ancient Valves...

Ok Ok, yes I have one in my cart already. Ebay is just so easy because of PayPal, but I see that the seller didn't yet accept my lowball offer, so best price is still here. I just hope I can get those cruddy screws out one last time. It's deep in the corner, a tiny screwdriver has to blindly be jammed in tight, then a wrench used to painstakingly turn each screw. A Sawzall is a grave temptation on that valve. Thanks Again! Quoted from "Wet_Boots" The nice folks that run this site also sell the I...

Monday, April 27th 2009, 6:53pm

More Ancient Valves...

Super! Getting an irritrol 205 on ebay, I hope. Ordering spares for the little Hardies, I think I'll make it through the season again. Thanks you've been a big help. Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Your grey valve is a Richdel R-204, or one of its descendents. Easily repaired, or just swap the guts with an Irritrol 205

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 8:32pm

More Ancient Valves...

Hmm, I had 3/4" Hardie valves at the last house and assumed these were 1" as the water lines are 1". These are small. Perhaps Hardie never made a "small" 1" valve and that these have 3/4 adapters. Guess I won't know til I take them out. All the replacement parts I saved from the 3/4 fit these. I FOUND THE REPAIR PARTS AT LAST FOR HARDIE, http://www.basicirrigation.com/product_info.php?products_id=1498&osCsid=dd9989045cfdcb363b641359c867eec7 So if I can just maybe replace or repair the one odd va...

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 10:12am

More Ancient Valves...

Hey thanks. I have 12 Irritrol 2400 TF in my shopping basket. Much better price than the local Rainbirds at $28 per.These are 4", the hardies were 3 1/2". Is there a better choice? Should I get slip instead? Does slip save space? How does one attach a slip fitting valve, glue? Time to go get some parts and start playing with them. Local small town Ace Hardware is a gold mine of information. (I've even had employees offer to come to house and repack faucet parts or loan me their Dremel.) Now beca...

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 9:48am

More Ancient Valves...

Hi, I've an old system (maybe 1975) with 11 zones and two boxes of the small Hardie 700 series valves. I have meticulously reordered parts for years and have gotten quite good at repairing them and replacing tiny parts. I've replaced the controller myself and repaired replacement valves added later. Can't find parts anymore. So the time has come to replace the entire manifolds. One bad non-brand valve is unrepairable and the rest have more problems every year. I thought about using the Toro EZ-F...