You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Saturday, June 20th 2009, 7:11pm

Author: bbruck

Smartline weather station does not work

I have a new Smartline 1600 and the SL15 (I think it is) wireless weather station. Since installing it, I have had the system irrigate my lawn daily, in rain or shine. It's very odd to see the sprinkers go off in the middle of a storm. I put in new batteries (as the supplied ones seemed to be dead), and re-linked the SL15 to the 1600. I see the battery indicator showing full charge on the batteries, and the antenna icon indicating that the controller is "seeing' the weather station. However, the...

Friday, May 8th 2009, 1:09am

more drip system questions

A need to order a bunch of stuff for 4 drip zones - part of a 10-zone home system. Zone 6 hanging pots (4-5) My hanging pots hang between 24 and 36" from the beam from which they are hung. I want to use a Foggers/Misters on 10/32 Thread or 1/4" Barb - but if I simply hand 1/4" tubing down from the lateral, in the past I've found that the tubing doesn't hang straight - it tends to curve - and then the head may not be oriented over the pot. What should I use to connect the fogger to the lateral? 1...

Friday, May 1st 2009, 4:10am

Server Clock

To the message board sysadmin: I think your server clock may be off. It is now 5:53am Eastern time - which will probably not resemble the timestamp on this post.

Friday, May 1st 2009, 4:07am

Can I combine two zones?

Laff - that's a sales sheet and now I am convinced that anyone who ever buys anything other than an SL1600 is at best an ignorant fool, and at worst a diabolical scientist doing social psychology experiments on unwitting homeowners. But nothing on valve voltages. i think I'll simply wire them together and try it. thanks for the continued help and support.

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:50am

Recommendations for drip systems?

Thanks for the detailed reply. Based on your recommendations, I'm going to change quite a bit of what was on my shopping list for sprinklerwarehouse.

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:46am

Smartline?

Thanks for the detailed info. I'm using a SmartLine SL1600. I've downloaded both the user manual and the installation manual and do not see the output for each zone. Any notions where I can find this info? (I don't have a pump or a master valve in this installation.)

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 7:13pm

Coupla quick thoughts

Love the vibrant blade of grass. A little too much "about you" and not enough "WIFM" (what's in it for me) on the home page. Most of the stuff about your license etc. can be tucked away on a page for if someone wants to see it. Most folks will look for 15 seconds. Your job is to capture them and make them want to stay. Nuther thought - what is your differentiator? "we do it right" - well everyone will say that. Here's a sample one: Your neighbor in the Suffolk area - that gives me a sense that y...

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 7:05pm

Can I combine two zones?

I'm doing some DIY upgrading of my mom's old sprinkler system, in particular, replacing the old rotators with MP Rotators, and installing a new smart controller. Her old system had five zones; two of them had 3 and 4 heads respectively. I know that with MP rotators I can comfortably run 7 heads on a zone, and I'd like to reduce the number of zones from 5 to 4 by combining the 7 heads onto one zone. Question: Can I simply wire the wires for both valves into one connector on the new controller, so...

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 6:58pm

Recommendations for drip systems?

I will be putting drip systems in four areas around my house, and have some questions on brands of supplies as well as which way to go on a few things. I have two "square foot" gardens - both are 24" x 12', divided by lathe into 1x1 squares, each of which contains a plant. I was thinking of drip lines for these areas. 1. Any problem with that? 2. Do I need the 1/2 lines v. the 1/4 lines? 3. Is the Rain Bird tubing at $36 significantly better than the DIG at $22? 4. What type of cap goes at the e...

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 6:05pm

a fruitless quest - for me

By coincidence, this winter I became VERY interested in home automation (HA) - and my 15-year-old spinkler system needed rehabbing. For a couple months I inhabited the HA boards reading every word on integrating my irrigation system with my growing (Insteon-brand) HA system. What I found was that HA in general - and HA irrigation afficianados in particular - are hobbiests. What I expected was that in the HA world I would find the best of the smart controllers merged with the latest in HA. What I...