You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 11:50am

Author: Candance

RE: RE: RE: On second thought

My advice was going off of over 15 years installing systems professionally and not a DIY website for homeowners. What you propose will work but with added cost and work.

Monday, May 11th 2009, 11:32pm

RE: New yard, question about when is best to install pipe.

Anytime we have installed a new system and they decide to do more dirt work after the fact they always end up tearing something up. As for not putting in the sprinklers and just laying the pipe..how are you going to find your pipe after the dirt work is done ? There is no way to flag it or mark the ground if they are doing dirt work. So much easier to just wait..

Monday, May 11th 2009, 11:20pm

RE: On second thought

If you put 2.5 GPM nozzled rotors in the corners and a 3.0 GPM nozzled rotor in between each corner you should be able to cover your whole front yard. Basically three across the front and three across the back and one on each side midway. Most rotors will shoot 25 to 30 foot or better at 90 PSI so you should have plenty of head to head coverage. And you would be able to do the front yard in two zones with 11 GPM on each zone.

Sunday, May 10th 2009, 10:04am

toro EL 6+ one zone keeps running

They are pretty easy to do. Just watch for the spring above the diaphragm and plunger in the solenoid when you take it a part so you don't lose them. Basically take apart the valve and remove the diaphragm..allot of times what will happen is a small piece of sand or something will get into the valve on the diaphragm and that will prevent it from sealing. So wash off the diaphragm real good and take and pour some water into the bottom of the valve to make sure there is nothing down inside it. I a...

Sunday, May 10th 2009, 9:29am

RE: Sprinkler installation

Hi If you are going to be laying sod I would install the sprinklers 1/4" to 1/2" above the ground. But if you are going to be seeding..make them flush with the ground. Most all sprinklers now pop up 4" to 6" so clearance is not an issue. But if you install them too high mowing them off will be an issue. In fact along driveways I always set the sprinklers a little lower than the driveway so people are less apt to plow them off during the winter when they are moving snow. Sprinklers along curbs wi...

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 9:47pm

Rainbird Drip: micro-spray pop-up..Opinions ?

I just saw this micro-spray pop-up and was curious if anyone has used them and what they think about them ?? My husband and I have been in the sprinkler business for years and being a avid gardener I have allot of flower beds that I drip. So I'm usually the one that installs them for our customers since I'm the plant person..LOL Thanks Candance

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 9:13pm

RE: Toro Remote Control

Pat Toro are usually pretty good about honoring their warranty. I would check and see if there is a local Toro distributor in your area. Not a retail store like Ace Hardware but a wholesaler. They usually have a counter where the will serve retail customers. Take the remote control into them and explain the problem. Toro date codes everything so they should be able to tell you if it is still under warranty.

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 9:07pm

Help! One of my zones has no pressure...???

Frank Another thing to consider if your system is an older system..tree roots over a period of years will seek out the pipes and can squeeze them off. Not sure how common this is in areas where they use PVC instead of poly pipe but we see it quite often in the Midwest where poly pipe is used as opposed to PVC. Sometimes not always, if that is happening you can stand over the area where the pipe is starting to get squeezed off and feel the ground rumbling a bit or even hear it. This we see more o...

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 8:48pm

RE: Cant get a Nelson Smartzone to program

I'm not familiar with Nelson controllers. But sometimes if you unplug a controller and remove any backup power source from a battery and let the controller sit for 24 hours it will sometimes reset itself and start to function correctly.

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 8:45pm

RE: Two stations running together

It does appear your problem maybe in the wiring with the valves. Allot of contractors will use the same color of wire at the controller for a zone as they do for the valve. So what I would do is go back to the controller and see what color of wire they used for zone 3 and 5 and then start opening valve boxes until I find the valves that are wired with the same color of wire and see if they wired the zones together. If they didn't use the same colored wires, you can figure out what valves are zon...

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 2:18pm

RE: New System

Hi, Just in case you are not simply talking about fixed spray heads. We have been installing the Rain Bird 5004 Rotor this spring and have been impressed with the sprinkler so far. The sprinkler is fairly easy to adjust. We normally install the Toro 800 rotor and have had fairly good luck with it since they first came out with it. But because of the price difference we thought we would give the Rain Bird 5004 a try. However I think the Hunter PGP Rotor is a good sprinkler also. I think Hunter, R...