You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 8:40pm

Author: mdailey

too much pressure

Thank you sooo much for the quick reply. The one that he installed was the Lowes and its all plastic and of course now that things have all gone south I remember seeing it saying something about 8 gpm or something like that. Doesn't look anything like what you have sent me (thanks again) but more like something like this. But of course the one that I have doesnt have the higher ratings. I will check to make sure that he turned the water all the way back on - that could be it. I actually tried to...

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 2:57pm

Too much water pressure???

Hello... I had a sprinkler system installed 6 months ago and recently have experienced some issues that could be related to having too much water pressure. At some point something happened to cause a surging problem that eventually blew out all 3 of the valves. Not sure if it was a power surge or something to do with the water pressure. The sprinkler guy that installed the system told me to contact a plumber which I did. He said that I needed to have a pressure monitor installed because 105 psi ...

Friday, June 19th 2009, 12:50pm

an update...

Okay - I am certain that the pressure control thing that was installed was the wrong one. I started to panic a bit yesterday after I noticed one on line for drip irrigation that looks way too similar to the one installed. This morning when I went to Pepe's pen and tried to fill up his water pan there was so little pressure it took 25 minutes to fill it half way when in the past it would take 3 or 4 minutes to fill it fully. My sprinklers have 105+ psi - what kind of pressure regulator should be ...

Thursday, June 18th 2009, 7:38pm

Pressure seems to have changed...

Hi Guys - I am back! I think that my surging issue has been resolved. It seems that I have over 100 PSI for my sprinklers and apparently that is too much. A very nice plumber came in and installed a pressure thingy and replaced the valves that blew up due to too much pressure. I was hoping that would have resolved my issue with the sprinklers not covering the entire area - a problem that only recently started to occur. When origninally installed the spray overlapped each other as they should and...

Friday, May 29th 2009, 12:58pm

Possessed Sprinkler System

With my limted knowledge in this area I think the surging makes sense. When the system was installed last year the guy said that I almost had too much water pressure. The hose bib that he added in my pigs pen has so much water pressure that it can almost take off your skin when you turn it on. Normally when I fill Pepe's water pan I have to go turn the water off at the main to stop the sprinklers from making that sound and squirting out water. Yesterday I only opened the faucet half way and was ...

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 9:41pm

I know absolutely nothing about sprinklers and so you are probably correct but the part that I found confusing was that what I read gave me the impression that water hammer made the thumping noise one time when the water shut off. My problem will go on for hours until I shut the water off at the main - thumping/sucking sound every couple of seconds with water surging from the sprinklers. As a matter of fact I fully expect to find it making the noise when I get home and the sprinklers would have ...

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 1:32pm

I found this and this makes more sense then the water hammer idea - at least given my experience with the noise - the noise will continue forever unless I turn the water off to the entire system. I noticed when they were installing the sprinklers they appeared to be at different heights depending on who was digging the trench - so this explanation that I found on line makes sense to me although I am not sure if it is only one valve so I am going to try this tomorrow. If the noise only occurs whe...

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 1:16pm

There was an existing system that we just replaced with new pipes and valves after the old system was destroyed by me when i used a ditch witch to dig a new sewer line for a guest house that was built - the only thing that didn't exist before was the hose bib to Pepe's pen. I will check out water hammer and see if that fits and hopefully I can find a way to fix it. Thanks for everything...

Monday, May 25th 2009, 5:45pm

I had help installing a sprinkler system several months ago from a guy that I found on line. I have never been completely happy with the results and lately my sprinklers have taken on a life of their own. After the sprinklers come on and go off a short while later (could be a few minutes or an hour) the system makes a thumping/sucking sound and water surges from the sprinkler heads. You can actually feel the vibration under the ground - if I turn off the water at the main sprinkler cut off the p...