You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Sunday, October 12th 2003, 8:28am

Author: lgnguyen

Size of Compressor for WInterizing?

I have bought a electric Craftman compressor: 26 gal, 6HP, 8.6 CFPM at 40 lbs. belt-drive engine (cooler than direct-drive). The whole process went very smooth for the non-stop 7 zones at 2 min each. Starting with the full tank, but the compressor have turned on before the 2nd zone but the air still reasonable cool until the end. I think any tank smaller than this tank may not be able to do the whole process. It took al least a mininute to build up the pressure before the sprinkler head pop up a...

Wednesday, September 10th 2003, 6:42am

winter servicing

Couple of my friends and I are thinking buying an air compressor for winterize all together. The questions is: Should we do this or have local service do it []every year. If we should do it. What kind or where we can get one. We do not know how much yet but hope not a lot. Thanks in advance. Long

Friday, August 8th 2003, 10:46am

How to balance the flow

Hi Xliang, I agree w/ RVLI, you should connect the water supply into mainline. There is aways a way to get into water meter. I never image that the finish basement w/out keeping water meter/ and main valve accessible. Also, don't forget to install a backflow preventor. It is required by law for safety of your family. (Check local code) Hope this help.

Friday, August 8th 2003, 10:43am

How to balance the flow

Hi Xliang, I agree w/ RVLI, you should connect the water supply into mainline. There is aways a way to get into water meter. I never image that the finish basement w/out keeping water meter/ and main valve accessible. Also, don't forget to install a backflow preventor. It is required by law for safety of your family. (Check local code) Hope this help.

Saturday, July 26th 2003, 7:31pm

Need help on the new Watts PRZ

Thank RLVI, It took me awhile to figure it out. I took the test cock out of the main housing, both the good one and the "trouble" one. Play around with it trying to compare the diferrent, then reallize that the manufacture worker has forgot to close the valve before ship it. It scare the new bee like me a little while, unfortunately. After that problem, I ran into another. The copper pipe connection between main line into the backflow kept leaking. A few trip back and forth to Home Depot. There ...

Friday, July 25th 2003, 7:04pm

Need help on the new Watts PRZ

Need help please, I have installed the RPZ today and first thing I got is the water come out from the Test Cock#2 strong like a sprinkler head and could not stop it. Not too sure what's happen. I though this is a test plug having inside ball too seal the water but apparently it was not. I try to figure out why then fix it before call the supplier. You know it come from mail order, it hard to return. Also, I realize a screw at each of the test cock but unsure what is it for? Any one know about th...

Friday, July 25th 2003, 3:59am

New Sprinkler system

Thanks RLVI, It makes sense. I never see the point to have a Master Valve. Long

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 6:42pm

New Sprinkler system

Thanks again Rays and Pete, I have ordered everything today. But in the last minutes, I have decided buy only 5x I20 (instead of 15x as planed)and other 10x PGP because it is Onsale, it is less than $11 a piece. My front yard will have 4x I20 at four corner, but there is two zones so only 2x I20 run at time. I hope there is no problem w/ this setup. Finally, I reallize that if one head at the corner set for quarter turn having 1 GPM then the midlle w/ half turn have to be 2 GPM so the water will...

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 4:59pm

New Sprinkler system

Thanks Rays and Pete, It helps me a lot so I will go ahead to order everything today in this wedsite, it is reasonable price. Please let me know if there is any reasons I should not order these products: -Hunter SRC900i controller -I20 and PGM sprinkler heads -PGV valves (I don't have to go w/ PGV, just try to have everything in Hunter products but still like to try 2400T valves) -And some other accessaries thing. However, I have noted there is someone talk about using HPV for Master Valve place...

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 5:50pm

New Sprinkler system

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but have learned a lot from all of you. I plan to install system myself, just for educated myself and may be saving some money (which I doubl about it). I am looking for some advise about my design. Here is my situation: -Water meter is 1" copper, main line and tap pipe is 3/4 out to the house. -I have to use 1" RPZ backflow (Watts) because higher slope in the back yard and the best protection. DC is not allow in this town. I expect pressure loss of about 1...