You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, July 25th 2003, 12:15pm

Author: dkingsr

Hose Bibs vs Water Main

Thanks to all. I really appreciate all your information. My wife and I think what we're going to do is to hire a contractor. We live in an over 50 community and several homes here have had a contractor put their systems in. THis seems the best way. I was looking into my attic this morning and can find some 1' pipes there but looking at other installatins here we feel the best way is contractor. Once again I really appreciate all your help. thanks again dave

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 2:01pm

Hose Bibs vs Water Main

I wish I could. The main comes in from the street underground. Under the house slab and into a Laundry Room in the middle of the house. I looked at the service after the meter and there isn't room to sweat in copper. I haven't looked in the attic to see if there's pipes there. I do know most of the PVC in the house is 1/2" but not sure what's upstairs. I'll have to look there when I can. Will advise further results. dave dave

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:38am

Hose Bibs vs Water Main

I haven't seen anything mentioned about this yet. I'm planning on putting in a sprinkler system and am unable to connect directly to the water supply main in my home. The only place available are 2 hose bibs, one on either side of the house. I'm planning on using both as separate systems but not sure how to hook up the water supply. I'd like to use one timer to run a valve on each side of the house. THe 2 systems would take care of 1/2 of the property. I've seen small systems that use a short ho...