You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 6:20am

Author: murrsue

Rainbird 5004pc rubber washer on bottom?

I bought my Rainbird 5004pc spray heads from Sprinkler Warehouse but I was short one and picked up another locally. The one I got locally has a rubber washer held on with a push on metal washer on the bottom of the inner workings. (slides up and down with the inner workings) When I picked it up I said I don't think mine have this rubber washer and the guy said it should. I should have asked him what it did. Maybe it stops any gravity water flow when the pop up is down? Any ideas? Do I need them?...

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 8:02am

Okay

Okay Wet Boots I'll do that. Thanks.

Friday, June 4th 2010, 10:51pm

one correction

I got the first circuit completed today. I turned the water pressure on and opened the little bleeder screw on the first valve and after a little air bled out the sprinkers came on. Never did try turning the solenoid out. Tomorrow I'll get the wiring hooked up but I needed to run one circuit first to figure the best nozzle before I installed the other 45 nozzles. As for the flow control I just left it full open. Not sure when I would need less than full flow.

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 3:29pm

Thanks!

Thanks that's exactly what I need to know. I'm just installing my system and I haven't got all the wiring hooked up yet and I want to turn each circuit on manually to experiment with different spray tips and get stuff aimed right. It's amazing how much info I found on these valves on the Hunter site and it doesn't tell these simple things.

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 8:26am

What are the adjustments on my valve?

Hunter PGV-101JT-MB jar top valves. The Hunter site has all kinds of info on the specifications, features and benefits of the valve but they don't have an actual picture of the valve and the adjustments that says this is for this and this is for that. I have two adjustments on this valve. I assume the bigger knob in the middle is the flow control. What way do you turn it? Can I assume clockwise is off and ccw opens it up/increases the flow? There is also a smaller screw knob. The bleeder? What e...

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 12:22pm

Proper wiring of new system

Planning out my system and I assume that full runs of wires are smarter than making connections underground and all connections should be in the valve boxes. What's the best way to do the wire connections? Do the connections need to be waterproofed somehow? I was thinking of coating the connections with dielectric grease or maybe silicone caulk inside the wire nuts. Is this okay or is there a better method?

Thursday, September 10th 2009, 2:38pm

Any reason I can't use a $20 flapper check valve for backflow control?

Well I went ahead and bought a 1 1/4" Febco PVB assembly as well as a Febco strainer. I figure they're worth the added expense for the peace of mind I guess. A bit surprised when they arrived both sporty lovely stickers that state they are constructed with materials that may cause cancer. Great.

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 12:02am

What's the proper clamping method for poly pipe fittings? Double clamp??

We use poly pipe around here because of winter freeze. I'm going to use those Murray clamps that use a crimping tool to tighten, (as opposed to the screw clamps you tighten with a srewdriver). Anyway, someone told me I should double clamp, ie. use 6 clamps on a tee, not three. Wise advice or overkill?

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 8:00am

Is the Hunter PGV jar top a good choice?

I'm choosing the valves for my system. Is the Hunter PGV-101JT-MB a good choice? Will they work well on a 3 valve manifold? Are they physically larger than other valves, it's hard to tell in the pictures.

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 4:55pm

make my own manifold

1 1/4" poly main feed line. Hunter PGV-101JT-MB valves (1"mpt x 1" barb outlet) Can I build a 3 valve manifold (and how) or does it just add up to the price of a premade manifold?

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 8:20pm

New Member, re duty taxes

I've found that Hunter are made in the USA and Rainbird in mexico so neither is subject to Canadian duties because of the N.America free trade agreement.

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 11:45am

Any reason I can't use a $20 flapper check valve for backflow control?

I have 1 1/4" poly pipe coming in from my submersible pump (pressure tested 40-60psi as the pump cycles). I have a large yard approx 190 x 150 with water supply in one corner. I figure I may as well take advantage of the large pipe and run a 1 1/4" poly main feed down the center of the yard (the long way) and branch off of it with pairs of valves going to 9 zones x 5 Rainbird 5004fc's. I figure that way I won't get pressure/flow loss way at the end. The price goes WAY up if I go to a 1 1/4" back...

Friday, July 10th 2009, 4:49pm

Connecting Rainbird 5004 to 1" poly- Best way?? and Which grade poly pipe?

I'm slowly getting everything figured out but I'm still not sure how to connect the Sprinkler (Rainbird 5004) to the 1" poly pipe. Swing Joint? Funny pipe? ?Part numbers? I'm using all poly pipe because that's what everyone uses around here. Is there a diagram of the various methods somewhere so I can see what parts I need? Also today at Home Depot I saw 3 different grades of 1" poly pipe, utility (cheapest), white stripe "standard", and red stripe (most expensive). Which one is recommended. I n...

Friday, July 10th 2009, 4:26pm

New Member, re duty taxes

Will, I'm in the same boat being in Canada as well. If the product is manufactured in Mexico or the USA there is no duty because of free trade agreements. I'm assuming Rainbird stuff is made in the US but I don't know for sure. Anyone reading this could you check on a cardbard box of Rainbird stuff and see where it's manufactured?? There should be some kind of markings as it's required by law.

Friday, July 10th 2009, 9:08am

Trying to sort out fittings and swing joints

Or should I make my own swing joints? and whats the proper way (off of 1" poly).

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 10:45pm

Rainbird STPi-400 plus ESP-SM3 expansion modules??

Or wait a second... maybe I should just get a STPi-900

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 8:38pm

Which Rainbird 5000 sprinkler?

Puting together my purchase list. My large yard will be all Rainbird 4" 5000 series sprinklers. Some will be in the middle and need full circle and some will be on the property line (180deg) with some in the corners (90 deg). Should I just buy the 5004PC for all of them? They are adjustable from full to part circle right? Or should I buy some 5004FC for full circle and some 5004PC for part circles?

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 6:53pm

Rainbird STPi-400 plus ESP-SM3 expansion modules??

Can I put two ESP-SM3 expansion modules onto a Rainbird STPi-44 controller? I need 9 zones. I think I can but the Sprinkler Wharehouse on line catologue doesn't have the expansion modules on the same page as this controller.

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 6:49pm

Trying to sort out fittings and swing joints

I'm in the planning stages of my system and trying to figure out my whole order for Sprinkler Wharehouse. I'm in a cold climate. I'm going to be using Rainbird 5004PC 4" sprinklers and my feed and zone lines are going to be all 1" Poly pipe. I'd like to hook up each sprinkler using a Hunter swing pipe, A. for convenience and B. so there's some give when I drive over with my lawn tractor. Can someone tell me what tee and end fittings I need for the 1" poly pipe where the sprinklers go and which H...