You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 11:25am

Author: DIYer

right size backflow

Is your main line 1 1/4"? If so, it may be worth installing a 1 1/4" PVB. and replacing your main line with 1 1/4" PVC if its currently 1". You can buy a 1 1/4" PVB here at Sprinklerwarehouse. They have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. You will loose pressure with distance and every 90 degree turn. My inside plumbing and well is 1 1/4" and 1.5hp. The pipe from my house to the PVB is 1 1/4" my Febco PVB is 1 1/4" and my main line (schedule 40 PVC) is 1 1/4" to the valve box (~ 50' - 75...

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 10:28am

Winterizing Before Backflow

See: http://jerman.com/backflowpreventers/FEBCO/ssfp765.pdf

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 10:17am

Help Winterizing Febco 765

The hose bib between the house and the Febco is to be used for winerizing the PVB. There should be a seperate hose bib fitting "after" the Febco PVB for blowing out your system. If you dont have one, you should install one or blow out the system from the valve box (depends on valves). If you go to http://jerman.com/backflowpreventers/FEBCO/ssfp765.pdf for details.

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 10:06am

Placement of Backflow Device (Watts Double Check)

If your well will be providing water to your house and if it's not too late, upgrade your Well pump from 1hp to 1.5 hp (this will also require a larger pressure tank, larger water pipe (1 1/4") and a larger gauge electrical cable from your well pump to your house). You will thank me later. All of my neighbors have a 1hp system. My system is 1.5hp and I am the envy of the neighborhood because my pressure is so good! It is very expensive to retrofit later. You also need to consider if you will us...

Sunday, September 28th 2003, 3:49am

Fertigator Wiring

Thank You!

Saturday, September 27th 2003, 5:17am

Fertigator Wiring

I recently installed a fertigator M1 injector. In order to fit it in the valve box more easily, I disconnected the top portion from the bottom. Now, I dont remember how the top and bottom injectors were wired together (they are both colored black on each injector). Does it matter? If so, how should they be wired? Thanks, DIYer

Monday, August 11th 2003, 5:41pm

Valve Fitting

I need to connect a 1" poly pipe to a 1" Hunter PGV Jar-Top Control Valve that has a slip fitting (non threaded). Can anyone suggest what type of fitting I should use to do this and where I can get it. Thanks for your help, DIYer

Thursday, August 7th 2003, 3:31am

Poly Pipe - NSF or non NSF

Unfortanetly, I dont know what the going rate for a 30' 100 PSI Non NSF role of poly pipe is in central NJ. I can only compare what I'm paying against the prices in the local Home Centers. When comparing, I appear to be getting a good price. Also consider that I am a DIYer. In other words, I expect the irrigation company to profit from procuring and delivering the pipe to my door (10 roles)(puling is a seperate price). How much would you mark up the $30 roles to procure and deliver 10 to a cust...

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 3:10pm

Does it matter if my poly pipe is NSF (National Sanitation Foundation)certified? I hired an irrigation company to pull my poly pipe. When they told me that they could get a better price on 1" 100 PSI poly pipe than I can, I agreed to have them obtain it for me. However, when they dropped the 300' roles off, I noticed they are all "NON-NSF" 100 PSI poly pipe. I thought I heard somewhere that if the poly pipe is not NSF certified, the wall thickness throughout the pipe may not be consistent. Any c...

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 3:02pm

Does it matter if my poly pipe is NSF (National Sanitation Foundation)certified? I hired an irrigation company to pull my poly pipe. When they told me that they could get a better price on 1" 100 PSI poly pipe than I can, I agreed to have them obtain it for me. However, when they dropped the 300' roles off, I noticed they are all "NON-NSF" 100 PSI poly pipe. I thought I heard somewhere that if the poly pipe is not NSF certified, the wall thickness throughout the pipe may not be consistent. Any c...

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 8:56am

Poly Pipe End-of-Line Drains

Can anyone here provide guidance as to whether or not I should install "Poly Pipe End-of-Line Drains" for each of my sprinkler lines? I live in th North East (NJ) but dont have them installed on the system in my front yard (installed by and irrigation company). Are these devices neccesary or overkill? They are quite expensive. Thanks, DIYer

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 8:47am

Saddle vs. barbed T

Does anyone have a preference for connecting Hunter I20 sprinkler heads to 1” Poly lines? In other words, am I better off using barbed Ts with ¾” female fittings with stainless steel crimp clamps or am I better of using saddles (in either case, I’m planning to install swing pipe for each head). Since I plan on installing the heads my self, I’m considering purchasing the blazing saddle that comes with a barbed arm attached (sold here at sprinklerwarehouse.com). Does anyone have experience with th...