You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 2:45pm

Author: BTanner

More Zones

Back a couple of years ago when I was installing my irrigation system and searching for controllers, I come across an alternating device that could be wired into any zone output on any controller. The device would allow one to expand their current controller by alternating the output between two valves. Example: The device is wired to the Zone "1" output, the first time that zone "1" is fired, it would fire valve "A", the next time it would fire valve "B". Has anyone ever heard of or seen this d...

Saturday, November 27th 2004, 5:12am

Backflow or electronic valve?

I know that ASCO makes a "Red Hat" valve in both, normally open and normally closed configurations. Not sure on an all plastic valve in that size! www.ascovalve.com

Tuesday, October 19th 2004, 2:47pm

Need advice on a bad installation

begeddes is makes a good point, if your flowing more water than your pump is suppling you're certain to loose psi. Check on the gpm rating of each zone. By using the psi switch to start the pump, you probably have a 40-60 switch (on 40psi off 60psi). Which means your system depletes the psi to 40psi before ever calling for the pump to start, meaning that if you flowing 16-18 gpm it's hard to recover that psi. Your system <b></b>Will Not Work Without Pressure, nor can your system produce more tha...

Monday, October 18th 2004, 3:49pm

loss of pressure

The first thing I would check is to see if there was a broken lateral (the part of the piping between the valve and the heads).[V] You can check that by trying other zones. Give more info so that we can visualize your installation; Has the system ever worked properly? Where is the supply piping connected to the water system? Before or after the tank? When and if it has ever operated properly, does the pump cycle on and off or are you using a pumpstart relay? What do you have to do to get psi bac...

Saturday, October 16th 2004, 9:32am

controller

Rain Bird ESP-LX for me!!! Very easy to program.[]

Saturday, October 16th 2004, 3:35am

Planted grass seed...now what?

Give it time, if you soed the seed evenly it'll grow. I'm not sure about your climate or the grass type planted, but it is important to establish a good root system now that it's up. Most recommend less frequent watering but longer times. The object is to keep the soil damp around the 6 inch range to establish a good root that will ensure survival through the winter or dormant months. Watering often but only for short times only promotes a shallow root growth. Ex. three to four times a day for o...

Saturday, October 16th 2004, 3:16am

Clock Pbs Related to Install Location?

You may what to have your AC power frequency checked (Hertz). The US operates on a 60 cycle frequency. That is how electronic clocks in the US keep track of time, so <b>ANY</b> variaton in that frequency <b>WILL</b> cause the loss of accurate time. I'm pretty sure that a mechanical timer would use voltage not Hz, which will have more of a tolerance to varing voltage than the electronic one would have on a varing frequency, because it operates a small motor to turn a series of gears in order to k...

Saturday, October 16th 2004, 2:50am

Are you using a pumpstart relay to start the pump, or just using the holding tank psi and letting the psi switch operate the pump?

Wednesday, October 13th 2004, 2:16am

[]Sorry you're having such a bad experience, it shouldn't have to be that way!! First off, on a well and pump system, the design psi. and flow needs to be measured at the supply point (where the mainline accually connects to the water line before the backflow preventer). Secondly, you need to know the psi drop in all of the components within the zone (backflow, valve, piping). Third, what is the desired distance for each head to be suppling water (which will demand a min. psi and gpm at the head...

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 4:17am

Adjustable Arc Heads

[:0]Sorry JIMBOM, should have read your post more carefully. I did also install 70 Rainbird sprays including 8', 12', 15', and 18' Q, H, and van's. Also very happy with the performance.[]

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 4:11am

Adjustable Arc Heads

In June '04 I installed a 101 head system which includes 31 rotors, I used Rainbird 5000 plus rotors which I purchased right here at the warehouse. I'm very pleased with the performance.[]

Wednesday, June 16th 2004, 4:00am

Rain Bird or Hunter

Thanks for the replies, I have purchased the Rain Bird ESP LX-16 from the warehouse and installed it on Monday. Looking to install 12 zone 101 head (31 rotors and 70 sprays) system this weekend, wish me luck!!!!

Wednesday, June 16th 2004, 3:45am

Strip design question 12'x240'

Thanks, should be installing my system this weekend. Wish me luck!!!

Friday, June 4th 2004, 8:26am

Rain Bird or Hunter

I am a homeowner and I'm installing a 12 zone system. Looking for a controller that is reliable and user friendly. I've been looking at the Hunter Pro-C with the 3 and 9 zone expansion modules (for a total of 15 zones) and the Rain Bird ESP-LX Plus 16. Thinking that if I buy a controller with more than 12 zones I will have room to grow. (Maybe add some drip irrigation to plant beds later) Can someone please point me in the right direction?? Thanks

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 4:27pm

Looking to buy controller for 12 zone system

I've been looking at a controller by Orbit Irrigation model# 57012 (think that's right) Found at my local Home Depot. Any feedback or experience (good or bad) with Orbit Irrigation Controllers?

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 4:12pm

Strip design question 12'x240'

Planning to use Rain Bird 1804 Sprays @ 30psi with 15H and 15Q nozzles spaced every 10' only on one side. Will it work? If not, any suggestions?

Thursday, August 14th 2003, 4:38am

poly pipe vs pvc

Sure, if we're talking the black poly pipe like is used in many deep wells and as service water piping to homes. Generally comes in 100psi and 160psi pipe and comes in 100' and 500' rolls. We call it black roll pipe and it is manufactured by "Black Diamond".

Wednesday, August 13th 2003, 12:06pm

poly pipe vs pvc

Any idea who pulls poly pipe in the Rocky Mount, North Carolina area? Our winters are pretty mild in comparison to the North, but I would still like to entertain the thought of poly over PVC on laterials.

Monday, August 11th 2003, 11:44am

Residential well pump system (Question)

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still confused. Please be patient, I will have my system installed one of these days. During my research over the weekend I discovered that when sizing flow rates of rotors always remember that the 1/4 is going to put four times the amount of water over that small area as the full circle nozzle in the same amount of time. (Once again, back to the graph paper and compass) So I'm guessing 0.9 gpm 1/4, 1.8 gpm 1/2, and 3.60 gpm for full circle. Would you agree? Also ...