You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Friday, November 13th 2009, 1:08am

Author: huanic

FERTILIZER BURN

by the street in my front yard. What happened is that I fertilized and didn't know that my zone 2 of my sprinkler system wasn't working properly and we have not had rain in weeks. Burnt it right up. Guess I have to wait it out.

Friday, November 13th 2009, 1:05am

green grass

Does anyone have any experience with planting tall fescue in northern climates (zones3,4,or 5)? Do you mix it with any oither types of grass? My yard is primarily tall fescue but another part is blue grass and perenial rye. The rye and blue is so much darker green. Is their any thing I can do other than replant or overseed? I have added Iron (Ironite) and still big difference.

Friday, November 13th 2009, 1:04am

Want to lay down some sod. Need advice!

I'm going to be laying down about 20' X 20' of sod soon. I fgured after a couple of days of watering the dirt I could just lay it down and continue watering. I lack any real experience with this but anyone know different or have suggestions?I'm going to be laying down about 20' X 20' of sod soon. I fgured after a couple of days of watering the dirt I could just lay it down and continue watering. I lack any real experience with this but anyone know different or have suggestions?I'm going to be la...

Friday, November 13th 2009, 1:03am

Planted grass seed...now what?

I'm not sure about your climate or the grass type planted, but it is important to establish a good root system now that it's up. Most recommend less frequent watering but longer times. The object is to keep the soil damp around the 6 inch range to establish a good root that will ensure survival through the winter or dormant months. Watering often but only for short times only promotes a shallow root growth. Ex. three to four times a day for only 5 min. each.[^]

Friday, November 13th 2009, 1:01am

FERTILIZER BURN

. Its right down by the street in my front yard. What happened is that I fertilized and didn't know that my z one 2 of my sprinkler system wasn't working properly and we have not had rain in weeks. Burnt it right up. Guess I have to wait it out.

Friday, November 13th 2009, 12:59am

Year round lawn care

With the fertigation products Ive seen, I havent seen any that prevent weed growth, insects, including grubs, or winterizing. What products are available to help with these issues

Friday, November 13th 2009, 12:59am

Winter Mold problem

I’ve been having a winter mold problem every spring since I installed my sprinkler system. Certain spots in the lawn are having a 70% grass kill due to winter mold and it seems to be getting worse each spring. I’ve had a soil test from the University of Minnesota and have followed their recommendation for fertilizing.

Friday, November 13th 2009, 12:58am

Fertigation lawn care

Are there any fertigation products, liquid or water soluble that prevents weed growth or insects, including grubs? and where can I find/buy them? Thanks in advance for your help.

Friday, November 13th 2009, 12:57am

Fertigation

Thanks for the thorough reply, very helpful and just what I was looking for. Deep watering sounds like the way to go. I’m planning on applying a bio-stimulate for soil conditioning and a weekly micro-dosing of fertilizer via deep watering. I like the idea of micro-dosing the fertilizer on weekly bases but because I live in an area that receives a good deal of rain, weekly watering is not always needed. So, some weeks I will need to apply the weekly amount of fertilizer via a light watering. It s...

Friday, November 13th 2009, 12:55am

St Augustine In Shade

Jasmine, Monkey Grass, Ground Cover. I am sprinkler guy not a landscaper. Other Posts may be more helpful.Jasmine, Monkey Grass, Ground Cover. I am sprinkler guy not a landscaper. Other Posts may be more helpful.