You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

Wednesday, May 24th 2006, 8:54am

Author: Murphy

Hunter spray question

I am looking at ordering Hunter PS sprays and on the Sprinkler Warehouse web site it says, "There is also an optional drain check valve that eliminates low head drainage for up to 7 feet of elevation change." I added these to my cart but I can't find out how to add the drain check feature. Does anyone know how to get these with that feature?

Monday, April 12th 2004, 1:31pm

Poly upstream of valves

Seems odd since many homes have CTS poly to the house for the main. Like was said already in this thread make sure to get the correct rated PSI pipe.

Monday, April 12th 2004, 12:42pm

Sloped side yard install

My side yard is approximately 20 feet wide and 60 feet long. The problem is the yard drops off 8 feet from the front to the back due to a daylight basement. What is the best way to install heads in a location like this? I am worried about the heads spraying poorly uphill. How do I install sprinklers in this sort of yard? Thanks.

Friday, October 31st 2003, 7:19am

Winterizing Before Backflow

I used AVPBs and I just remove them every winter and store them in the garage. I use unions so they are easy to remove. Then, just blow out using a T or use the threads the union is screwed to.

Tuesday, September 9th 2003, 9:32am

Poly to house?

He's going to sell it to me. He said it is pretty easy to hook up. I am excited, I should be trenching this week!

Monday, September 8th 2003, 10:41am

Poly to house?

I tried that but my poly pipe is not the same diameter as 160 PSI pipe. It is smaller on the inside. BTW, I just got off the phone with my local irrigation supply guy and he said they have what I need. It's a compression fitting for 200 PSI poly with pipe threads on the outlet end.

Monday, September 8th 2003, 6:13am

Poly to house?

I am having a hard time finding an adapter to go from my poly to PVC. My poly says it is SDR-9 200PSI 1" Service Line. I can't find any adapters at the local Lowes. All their adapters fits 160 PSI pipe. Any ideas?

Friday, September 5th 2003, 11:50am

Poly to house?

An update on my system... All the houses in my neighboorhood, which is a new subdivision, have Poly run from the street to the foundation and then through the wall in copper and the whole house is copper. Isn't that odd?

Wednesday, September 3rd 2003, 7:56am

Pressure loss on Rain Bird ASVF 1" valve

I purchased these from Sprinkler Warehouse and I need to know the pressure loss. They did not come with any tech specs. Thanks.

Monday, August 25th 2003, 10:52am

Poly to house?

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

Monday, August 25th 2003, 8:42am

Worth it to buy computer software/rain sensor?

I just received my order from SprinklerWarehouse and I bought a Pro-C controller. I was wondering it it is worth my while to purchase the software ($50-$60) to program on the computer. Also, how much would I benefit from the rain guage (10-$20.) My system will probably consist of 30-40 I-20 rotors, 15-20 sprays and 8 or so zones. We live in Eastern Washington State with average summer rainfall of around 2-3".

Monday, August 25th 2003, 6:32am

Poly to house?

What is a "boiler drain?" I was going to put a blow out connector in the basement like I have on my house now. But, someone told me if you blow out BEFORE the anti-siphon valve you can have contaminants, like compressor oil, get back into the house supply when you open the main valve in the spring. Is this right?

Sunday, August 24th 2003, 6:56pm

Poly to house?

Local water district requires anti-siphon on all hose bibs and sprinkler lines. I suppose I could have used one backflow preventer and in-line valves instead. I figured blowing the system out in the winter would be easier using above-ground anti-siphon valves. I will just remove the valves and attach adapter for air hose.

Saturday, August 23rd 2003, 9:55am

Poly to house?

I think I am going to dig down along the basement wall and find out if I can tap into the copper instead of using the poly. I am using Rainbird Anti-Siphon 1" valves and a Hunter Pro C controller with Hunter I-20 Stainless Steel Rotors. Just purchased these from Sprinkler Warehouse. After I get the main zones in I will be trying to install my first drip system for the shrubs and trees. My new yard is very sandy and I thought the stainless risers would help. It should be fun because the property ...

Friday, August 22nd 2003, 9:42am

Poly to house?

I haven't taken an exact measurement as we are moving in this weekend. But, it apears to be 1 inch. The interesting thing is in the basement there is a ball valve shutoff connected to 1" copper pipe that looks like it exits the foundation right where this poly pipe comes out in the front yard. Maybe my house main runs in copper to the basement and then poly to the outside? Is the poly pipe strong enough to use for mainline to the valves. In my previous houses I have always used Schedule 40 1 inc...

Friday, August 22nd 2003, 8:00am

Poly to house?

Is the poly to PVC adapter going to reduce the flow to my valves?

Thursday, August 21st 2003, 7:13am

Poly to house?

Is it possible I have a poly water main run to my house? On the front of the house where the main comes in the basement, there is a poly pipe run up through the ground to tap into for spinklers. How do I connect PVC to the poly pipe? I don't want to use poly connected to my anti-siphon valves.