You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 7:36pm

Author: larbec

Rainbird sst-1200o does not work

Thanks. I looked at it with a meter and the main control valvensolenoidnwas bad. $10 and I was rolling!

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 6:23pm

Rainbird sst-1200o does not work

I have a brand new controller. It's the Rainbird sst-1200o.  When I go to water any zone nothing happens. No heads pop up.  No water flow. I can't hear the valve opening and there is power to the controller. Is there an issue with the common on a valve? Thank you

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 8:34pm

How to get the solenoid screw tight (it is stripped)

I placed a screw one size bigger and I am good to go Thanks

Monday, March 28th 2011, 5:23am

Where does the blue wire go?

Damn, I cut the green wire and now I am in the hospital LOL I will ohm them out this afternoon and see what I get. One lead goes to the blue or gray....what does the other lead go to? The common (white)? I "do" have full coverage over my entire yard. They are hooked up in my controller. They were in the old controller so I hooked them up in the new. They are zones 6 and 8 I think and they do not work. I guess I can just move some wires around in the controller and disconnect these two

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 7:03pm

How to get the solenoid screw tight (it is stripped)

[attach]48[/attach]Is there an insert or something I can use to tighten a screw that holds the solenoid valve to the body? I will attach a pic to show you what I am talking about

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 6:58pm

Where does the blue wire go?

[attach]47[/attach]I had some valve issues and thanks to this forum I have all of them working. However, I have a blue wire on one side of my drive and a gray wire on the other side of my drive way that are not connected but are stripped back like they went somewhere. In my control box I have two zones that are wired and I found 2 sprinkler bodies in my yard that do not work (I think one of these wires need to go somewhere for them to work) How do I know where they hook up? Do I just place them ...

Friday, March 25th 2011, 4:33pm

How do you find your control valves

I thought I would report back. I had two bad diaphragms and I found a bad solenoid valve today so I will replace it tomorrow when the irrigation place opens. Thanks for all the help!!!

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 7:58am

thanks

I appreciate it Mithgo, I feel the same but wanted another opinion.

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 9:30pm

Thanks, I called two places here in town and one has it in stock ($20) and the other (Ewing) is telling me I should replace the entire valve which after looking at the set up it could be done with some more digging. Of course, changing the diaphragm would be the easiest. If this was yours, which route would you go?

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 3:32pm

main valve

[attach]44[/attach][attach]44[/attach]I think I found the issue, one of the valves that seemed to be vibrating has a slit in the diaphragm. Could this be the issue? Would you replace the diaphragm or the entire valve?

Monday, March 21st 2011, 10:21pm

I do have a fluke 87 so I am good to go. I think I found all my valves unless one is hidden. The one on the opposite side of the driveway that I can hear vibrate....I cut one of the wires and the heads still operated. I do have a blue wire that goes no where so I am sure it needs to be hooked up to something or maybe not because I have a cut wire on each side of the driveway. Either the last home owner cut them and they do nothing or they go some where. Anyway, how do I ohm out the valves? I wil...

Monday, March 21st 2011, 5:29am

Mitchgo

I am sooooo glad I still have it and can make people laugh LOL, by now at least you can guess I have never worked on a sprinkler system before but do have a wee bit of technical expertise.....I will check this out this afternoon and report back, thanks for the help Just a question, I should have a master valve "on" in addition to the stuck valve right? The reason I am asking is I can see and hear a smaller valve without the dip stick (black wires) on when I turn on the controller

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 10:05pm

I found my valves now what

Ok guys, I found my valves and there is one valve (black wire) that I will guess is the master valve because it turns on all the water when energized. The other valves look different and they have like a dip stick in them. Whet exactly is that??? Should I put oil in them. The wires are all loose and NOT in conduit. I did find one that is either cut or apart and goes under my driveway to the other valves. I have 4 valves on one side (red wires) and so far I found 2 valves (red wires) and a master...

Friday, March 18th 2011, 4:43pm

confusion

sorry for any confusion. I will try again I have the common (white wire) on the common and the red (hot) on the master valve terminal. When I turn on the system no matter what zone I go to the same 4 sprinkler heads pop up. I do NOT have any wires hooked up to any zone. The wires that are NOT connected are blue and gray BTW, I have a Rainbird 12 zone controller

Friday, March 18th 2011, 10:04am

My home was built in 1979 and I changed my old controller because I have a zone that pop up no matter what. I do NOT have ANYTHING wired up except the control voltage and common and when I go to a zone.....any zone...I have 4 sprinkler heads that pop up which tells me I have a control valve stuck or worn out. My question is, How can I find these valves? I do not have a box in my yard so my guess is they just buried the valves. I can see the PVC conduit outside my home which goes in the ground. I...

Monday, June 7th 2010, 7:59pm

Thanks

I will try this and thanks. Is there an easy way to find your valves in the ground? My home was built in the 70's and I am not sure they placed them all in a box...

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 6:46pm

common

How do I know which line(s) is the common? Do I measure one of the 12 gray wires with the red lead and place the other black lead on the ground? Where do I place the leads to my measure and what am I measuring?

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 3:30pm

how

How is my wiring messed up, please explain. I have the gray and blue wires going to a different terminal on the block. The red and white going to the control valve

Monday, May 10th 2010, 6:09pm

Some sections will not work and others work too often

I just replaced my controller with a 12 zone Rainbird controller. Anyways....I have one zone that will not work in my back yard and I have one zone in the front that operates when I turn it to zone 3,4,6,8 and 9 (i think) What will cause this to operate in so many different zones? Do I have a bad control valve? Thanks