You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 2:29pm

Author: bigal54

Sprinklers work manually, but not by controller.

Thank you. My rainbird is actually plastic, has a "horseshoe-shaped" solenoid, a bleed-screw in the center, and Glendora printed on the bonnet. From what I have read and from helpful advice like yours, I keep thinking there must be a clogged hole somewhere, but I have used a wire to poke in every possible hole and make sure they are clear. Thanks for the help.

Friday, June 11th 2010, 8:51pm

The sprinklers work fine if turned on manually by using the bleed screw. I checked the electricity to the solenoids today and it is fine and the solenoids are working properly. Today I also went to the local pipe supply shop and they could not figure out the problem either. I think I will order new diaphragms for these old valves and give that a try. If that doesn't work I will dig out and replace the three valves. Does anyone know where to buy older model rainbird diaphragms? I couldn't find th...

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 6:54pm

I have an old (at least 20 yrs.) rainbird sprinkler system with three valves. After working flawlessly for many years, the system stopped working last year. I can turn on any valve by using the bleed screw. When I turn the controller on, though, I can hear the solenoid click and I can hear water running in the valve, but the sprinklers will not come on. I have taken the valves apart, cleaned them, and have taken the solenoids off and cleaned out the solenoid hole. I have bought a new solenoid an...