You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Wednesday, November 19th 2003, 6:31pm

Author: segask

threaded connection wont stop leaking!

I've got a 1" brass female threaded ball valve. Then a 1" x 2" long male PVC nipple. That screws into a 1" Rainbird RBY filter with female threads which is made of nylon or glass filled nylon I think. Its not made of regular PVC. Its rated to 150 psi I believe and is designed to be upstream of a drip zone control valve. It was leaking on both male ends of that nipple. Today I took it apart again and tried a third nipple with 3 wraps of tape and this time after tightening close to 2 turns with a ...

Tuesday, November 18th 2003, 7:23pm

threaded connection wont stop leaking!

how many wraps of teflon tape do you use? I have tried 3 wraps, 6 wraps, 8 wraps. I hand tighten and it slowly leaks. Then half a turn with a wrench. Still leak. Another half turn with a wrench. Still leaking. Another half turn. Still leaks. Another half turn. Still leak. So then I try a new male fitting. 3 wraps of tape, then 5, then 6. Hand tight and then 1 to 2 turns beyond with a wrench. The slow leak just wont go away! I know your not supposed to use pipe dope on plastic, but I have seen Oa...

Tuesday, October 28th 2003, 7:21pm

master valve and backflow preventer

I'd like to have a master valve on my system. My backflow device would be a PVB. Is it alright for the master valve to be in front of the PVB? Or does the PVB need to be under constant pressure in front of the master valve? I was wondering because the online installation guides at Watts Regulator website says that to properly place a PVB into service you first open inlet valve to pressurize the PVB and then open the outlet valve. If I had master valve opening and closing all the time in front of...

Sunday, September 28th 2003, 2:47pm

check valve on sprinkler head downstream of ASV?

what are your main disagreements with Strykers tutorials?

Thursday, September 25th 2003, 7:42pm

Toro multistream rotors

I know everyone recommends Hunter, but what do you guys think of the Toro multistream rotors? Toro website says they are good for irrigating sloped lawns and shrub zones because they help prevent runoff. But I heard that they are rather high maintenance compared to regular rotors. Has anyone here had any experience with them? Actually, does Hunter make them also, or are they only made by Toro?

Thursday, September 25th 2003, 7:33pm

Thanks Ray. That was info I needed. Another question: on Jess Stryker's excellent IrrigationTutorial site he says that some municipal codes forbid using drip lines controlled by an AntiSiphon Valve. Anyone happen to know if they are allowed in San Diego, CA?

Wednesday, September 24th 2003, 6:30pm

how do I find my local code requirements online?

I live in San Diego, CA. I was trying to see if codes for my city are online. I have to call the city I guess? I'm just a DIY'er, not a contractor. [8D]

Monday, September 22nd 2003, 7:22pm

hi[8D] My front lawn slopes down towards the sidewalk. When the pop-up spray sprinklers turn off all the water runs out of the lowest head and across the sidewalk and down the street and makes a mess. I've read on some websites that you can get rotors with built in check valves to avoid this kind of thing. I read on one site that you could install check valves right in front of the sprinkler head yourself if it doesn't have it built in. My question though is that the control valve is an AntiSiph...