You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 11:12am

Author: jas0420

Me toooooo.....

I just bought and installed a Hunter ICV-101G valve to replace a cracked Toro valve in my system. I put several wraps of teflon on the thread, wrangled the valve into place, let the glue on the rest of the repair cure for a couple of hours, pressure tested, and was surprised to find drips on BOTH ends of the valve. @#%!@!!! I had to cut it out and redo the connections. The second time around, I used Rectorseal as well, and it worked like a champ. I've never had issues with threaded connections b...

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 4:06pm

Small strips + MP Rotators

I actually just ordered some dripline & associated parts this morning to retrofit about half of the beds in the yard (only wanted to kill half of it if things go wrong!). I spent quite a bit of time researching and it definitely caught my eye that it was technically possible to install it under sod. Visions of me tearing up the whole yard started dancing through my head. Realistically, I did wonder about it for this though... If I could mooch off of the existing zones, that is a much more reason...

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 2:53pm

Is there such a thing as a sprinkler head backsplash or shield?

Heh... I was shopping for sprinkler stuff this weekend and came across these. I had never heard of them, wasn't looking for them, and wondered why anyone would need them, but I guess now I know. I can't seem to find the original site I was on at the time and I'm not even sure if this was the same part, but it's the same principle.... http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-Sprinkler-System-Impact-53161/dp/B000VJDXHC <edit> Sorry, just realized this was a pretty old post.

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 1:51pm

Ah ha!

Many thanks 'Boots! Those are what I had been looking for. I may have to re-think my mp rotator idea though. The 2SST's precip rate is 2-3X the rotators, so they wouldn't play very nice together (not that I was expecting them to, just hoping). Unfortunately, this is about the worst place in my yard to think about pulling another zone to. Maybe I should just pave the strips. On the other hand, those do have a verrrrry low flow rate, so I wouldn't exactly be spewing water into the street (and migh...

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 11:33am

Small strips + MP Rotators

Hi all, I'm contemplating replacing the Toro fixed spray heads in a couple of zones with MP Rotators and try to correct some coverage issues in the process. I have a couple of sections of yard that I haven't quite been able to design an elegant solution for. Wanted to know if the MP rotator strip heads can be dialed down any below the 4 ft wide swaths in the spec sheets? I have about 40 ft of grass that is in a 2 ft wide section of lawn running parallel to the road with a sidewalk seperating it ...