You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Monday, July 12th 2010, 10:00am

Author: seabolt

Lawn pump losing it's prime

That's what I was afraid you might say, but what I was expecting. Thanks anyway. Seabolt

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 11:54am

RE: Lawn Pump losing it's prime

Quoted from "Seabolt2" I understand that there has to be a check valve somewhere, but I don't know where, it doesn't appear to be prior to the pump unless it is down in the well itself. And I have no way of getting to that. Is it possible there is one in the wet end of the pump as there doesn't appear to be one externally. I don't want to replace the pump unnecessarily, if it is something I can fix. Again as I said any help is greatly appreciated. What ever is wrong may have gone now as it only...

Friday, July 9th 2010, 1:39pm

Lawn pump losing it's prime

Living in Florida we have lawn wells and pumps, lately my pump is losing it's prime. It lost it's prime so I re-primed it and it worked for 20 days then lost it again. This last time which was today it had only lasted 10 days. To me this makes no sense, why will it hold it's prime for days then lose it. So far I have tightened up all of the bolts holding it together and put silicon sealer on all of the PVC joints. Oh, yea, I also opened the wet end from the pump and found the one o ring was crim...