You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, October 6th 2003, 6:06am

Author: arcticdreams

Zone Lost Pressure

Hi, I replaced the valve and the pressure is still low. I had to replace two sprinkler heads with pop-ups to get the thing to work. I'm thinking a tree that was planted some 15 years ago after the system was installed maybe pinching the line somewhere. I know the line goes directly under some very large roots. I don't know what else could be the problem. This zone was working fine earlier this summer, then something changed. I shall not be defeated by this! Help! Thanks again...Frank

Tuesday, September 30th 2003, 7:57am

Zone Lost Pressure

I listened to the valve and don't hear anything unusual. I opened the valve manually and the pressure didn't increase either. The more I turned the manual knob, the more water leaked out of it. I don't know if this is normal. I'm at a loss on this one, and don't want to dig up my whole yard looking for a leak. Should I just buy a new valve or call the professionals? Frank

Tuesday, September 30th 2003, 7:54am

Zone Lost Pressure

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i> <br />The most probable cause would be the zone control valve. Locate the valve in question, turn it on with the timer and go listen to it. If it sounds as if it is laboring...very loud...then the diapragm is probably bad. I suggest getting a valve just like the one you have....usually between 15 and 20 bucks...retail...and replace all...

Monday, September 29th 2003, 12:53pm

Zone Lost Pressure

Hi, One of my zones suddenly lost pressure. Water is getting to all of the sprinkler heads, but without enough pressure to fully activate and run them. I have looked for leaks, but can not find pooling water anywhere in the lawn. I'm wondering if the zone control valve is sticking or if maybe a tree root has put pressure on the line somewhere. Any trouble shooting suggested would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time. Frank