You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Friday, July 30th 2010, 10:43am

Author: kao_nevar

Installation details (low water pressure issue)

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Static (no-flow) pressure should be a factor of elevation as much as anything else. If you measure 42 psi, then a close neighbor at the same elevation should also have 42 psi. Unfortunately for lawn sprinkling, 30 psi is actually considered adequate for supplying a home. The purveyor doesn't 'owe' you a higher water pressure. If your static pressure can get as low as 30 psi, then you are looking to install a booster pump. Have you considered the possibility of drilling y...

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 3:03pm

Quoted from "pass1" I have to agree with the other posts. 40 PSI static is very low for a sprinkler system. Most rotary sprinkler heads operate at their optimum at the 45-50 psi range. You're starting out with 42 PSI. By the time you figure all your pressure losses in the service line, meter, backflow device, valves, piping, elevation, etc. etc. you could very well be operating at best in the low 30's but likley in the 20's. You might want to inquire with the three contractors what they figure ...

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 5:42pm

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" There is a tremendous difference between 40 psi and 50 psi, when it comes to a supply pressure you can work with. If your pressure is subject to fluctuation, then different companies might be seeing a different picture, depending on when they measured pressure. (I myself, encountered an extreme example of this, and submitted a design and bid that was more than double anyone else's, on account of having measured a supply pressure less than half of what was usually present...

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 12:08pm

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Texas lawn sprinkling became a lot more expensive with their new rules. Anyone who does the work by the book is going to be significantly more expensive than some no-account trunk-slammer. 40 psi is extremely low for sprinklers All of the companies who gave me quotes are licensed companies that have long histories (10+ years) of work in this area. None of them are "no-account-trunk-slammers." All of them claim to be following all of the new state laws (head to head cover...

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 6:11pm

We've been considering a sprinkler system for our front, back, and side yards and thus, we've been gathering quotes. I have some inconsistencies that have concerned me so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable here can help. Our lot is large. Not including the house, the lot is about 6000 sq. ft. Our house sits in the middle of the lot so we have a huge backyard, a normal sized front yard, and two strips of yard on both sides of the house. We also have a kidney beaned shape of garden in the front...