You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:33am

Author: desmo907

lost power to Toro Rain Sensor TWRS

So nobody loses sleep.... seems the electrician loosened a wire from the controller to the transformer when installing a line t the breaker box.. Once re-attached all worked fine.

Thursday, August 30th 2012, 5:52am

More info: I disconnected the TWRS from the controller. The controller has LED lights but does not allow water to flow. I can see each LED light up for each zone as programmed but the water is not flowing. Something happen to the controller but its odd since it has power and the program runs. I did connect the COM wire back up correctly (this was connected to the TWRS). Water is ON and fuses are OK. I notice the controller is plugged into an electrical outlet that is direct wired to the breaker ...

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 3:54pm

Been using a Toro Rain Sensor TWRS connected to my Toro Vision II controller for few years now. We had to turn off the breaker panel today to install a new breaker for my solar arrays and when we turned it back on the power to the sensor seems gone. (At least I think this was the process as I recall the lights on the sensor ON before we turned the breaker OFF --- I did notice the sensor was OFF until later in day hours after the breaker had been turned back ON.) No lights on sensor... I checked ...

Friday, March 18th 2011, 11:45am

best garden sprinkler?

I built a (little bit raised on a hill side) 10' x 20' garden. I had tapped into the nearby sprinkler zone and added a control valve in the garden so as to moderate the flow (and shut on/off). The zone its on has 4 sprinkler heads and I tested and should have decent pressure to water the garden too as long as I don't open the control valve too much and that will be determined later by the garden set up. (That grass zone gets overlap from the other side as well so I am not concerned as I can alwa...

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 9:42am

FE765-075 -wintering?

After I took off the ~20 year old Atmospheric device that broke, I installed the FE765-075. However on the prior setup there was a standard valve installed before the Atmospheric device that I assume they attached a hose to in order to blow out the system in preparation for winter. I installed the new FE765-075 without that valve and assume they can connect directly to the Pressure Vacuum Breaker but am unsure how?

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 3:32pm

replaced

Thx for the advice. I ordered the Febco today and had already added a box last year (when digging and trying to find the valves). I also just replaced all the valves (Hunter jar top) as a few of the old Toros seemed to break over the last few years and it was a pain to dig everything up to replace each.

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 2:38pm

PVB Assembly

Thx.... I'll get the FE765-075 - Febco® 3/4 inch PVB Assembly to replace it. It looks easy to replace. I am well above the 12 ".... and there doesn't seem to be any local rules (and think some of my neighbors have the same device). It does appear the guy who installed this system years ago didn't do well.. He had too many zones, and buried the valves without a box

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 8:13pm

Atmostpheric Vacuum Breaker broken - now replacement?

When replacing my old Toro valves I noticed a very fine spray coming out of the Febco 715 Atmostpheric Vacuum Breaker. It is a simple connection with [2] 3/4" female ends (top, side) to connect a brass pipe from home to poly that feeds a open/close valve to the manifold. I looked online and there are so many backflow devices. I was just going to replace it with something similar or an Aqualine AVB-100 1" atmospheric vacuum breaker. I am in he northeast get my sprinklers blown out every year and ...

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:22am

Combining 2 lines into 1 valve with a "T"?

That would work as well. I had not seen those pieces online when shopping. The more I think about it, I may just stay with the 10 zones instead of trying to get it to 6 (and just replace all 10 valves). The extra cost of the 4 valves is only ~$30 when I consider all the extra parts I need for my original solution. And then all the time and frustration to make all the connections

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 9:05pm

Combining 2 lines into 1 valve with a "T"?

The house I own has too few sprinklers on each zone and too many zones. We have great water pressure and I have tested several zones on at the same time. A landscape friend says I can easily combine some zones with a "T" fitting into 1 valve. I am about to replace the older valves as well since they are ~20 y/o and starting to die. The lines come into the box direcly into the valve (barbed male end on valve) so I need to change direction of the lines first. Anyway the only way I can think of to ...