You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 4:46pm

Author: Bumbleball

Trouble at the manifold

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" It still looks like these are threaded valves, and as such, you could unthread the valve in question, and reseal the threads with more teflon tape. Downstream of the valve, you would need some sort of union or slip-fix connector. I am glad to hear you say that. I am assuming that the white part of the fitting screws into the valve. I am going to look at Lowe's today for that part and also a fitting to join two 1" pieces of PVC pipe together (from the cut I will make)(hop...

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 4:16pm

Trouble at the manifold

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" The photo doesn't work. Try an upload to Imageshack and bring back the link. If there isn't one already, maybe you could install a master valve for the system, which would make any tiny leaks downstream of the master valve immaterial.

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 4:15pm

Trouble at the manifold

Quoted from "mrfixit" Image shack is what I use. Try cut and pasting the forum code. Uploaded with ImageShack.us Thanks....

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 2:07pm

Trouble at the manifold

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" The photo doesn't work. Try an upload to Imageshack and bring back the link. If there isn't one already, maybe you could install a master valve for the system, which would make any tiny leaks downstream of the master valve immaterial. Hope this works....these are essentially the same image, some are just larger versions...they appear to work for me using copy and paste, but not if I just click on it.... There is a shutoff valve on the main inlet line before these 5 valve...

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 12:56am

Trouble at the manifold

Quoted from "mrfixit" I highly doubt that was installed without any glue at all. Improperly glued most likely. You can try to do what you've suggested. You might get it to work. There's a good chance you wont be able the fitting to come off. They do have a tool to drill the pipe out of the fitting but you don't want to go to that expense. If i was you I'd completly rebuild the entire manifold. It looks simple enough. I'd install the valves farther apart. Then again they wont fit in the one box ...

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 9:20pm

Trouble at the manifold

I hope it is ok to put this topic/question here... first a description I have a box in the ground that contains 5 valves. The manifold appears to be home-made from 4 T-fittings and one elbow. The elbow goes to the 5th valve, the other 4 use the T-fittings....The first valve has a leak where it is joined to it's T-fitting, it is loose (this is where water would enter the valve). It does not appear to have been primed or glued (no purple stuff), just pushed together. I am thinking of digging up th...

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 9:06pm

New to this

Quoted from "mrfixit" Bumble, see if there's a Hydroscape on your island. I know there's at least two outlets in Hawaii. They specialize in sprinkler supplies. Thanks MrFixit....they appear to have a location on Oahu and one on Maui. I'm on the big island.... I think I found something that I can make work, I don't know if it's the right type of spray head or not. I picked something that looked like it would fit the 1/4 in tubing....I bought an 8" stake and a 1/4 circle adjustable head (2 - 20 g...

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 5:00pm

New to this

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Quoted Wet_Boots. Thanks ... I think I found what goes on top of the small tube....I had to hunt a few websites until I could find something that looks similar...Agrifim 0-20 GPH Dial-A-Flo 360 Degree Fan Spray Barb Inlet...but it looks very similar. At least now I know a little bit about what I am looking for. Now to find a replacement.... You might need a part with a threaded inlet, to thread into the small riser tube. That may not seem like a secure connection, but th...

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 4:57pm

RE: RE: New to this

Quoted from "Fireguy97" Quoted from "Bumbleball" I guess my questions are....where can I find a manual or some kind of instructions on how to work the controller and where might I find something to go on top of the fixture that seems to missing one (I have looked at Lowe's, they had nothing that would fit, Walmart at least had something that might fit into the tube, but it didn't look like what may have been there previously) ? www.weathermatic.com/index.cfm?page=Downloads I don't know what 'fi...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 6:46pm

New to this

Quoted from "mrfixit" I'm surprised you didn't find what you needed at Lowes. The Lowes where I live has a full selection of drip parts. Maybe you missed them. This might be the manual. www.coastwaterworks.com/irrigation_3/irrigation_manuals/LM_Manual.pdf You were right on the button Mrfixit ! Thanks. Looks just like my control panel. My next steps are to read this manual and try to figure out what it is telling me and then buy a new 9V battery. I'll adjust the time correctly and see what that ...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 6:38pm

New to this

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" a 1/4-inch tube would be for a "micro-sprinkler" that threads into the tube. This stuff is in the category of drip irrigation. Wet_Boots. Thanks ... I think I found what goes on top of the small tube....I had to hunt a few websites until I could find something that looks similar...Agrifim 0-20 GPH Dial-A-Flo 360 Degree Fan Spray Barb Inlet...but it looks very similar. At least now I know a little bit about what I am looking for. Now to find a replacement....

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 12:15am

New to this

We just bought a house in Hawaii with a sprinkler system (our first) already installed. There appears to be 4 zones (currently). The system waters each zone for about 15 minutes every other day (but also seems to come on every Monday), starting at around 6:30 AM. The controller is a Weathermatic LM7A. The clock is blinking on it and I am assuming the power went out at some point. There is a 9 volt battery connected, but given the looks of it, it is probably shot. The clock is off by about an hou...