You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 4:17pm

Author: dwinmac

Watts 909 Installation Detail Question

Quoted from "hi.todd" it does need to be connected to a drain. It needs to have 12" of elevation from floor to device. The handles on the device need to be functional or positioned so they can be opened and closed. The Test Cocks need to have room or 6" or so of clearance to connect the pressure differential guages to. I'm beginning to understand a little about this device. One issue that I want to be certain about involves the exact operation of the relief valve. The document says "if both che...

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 1:31pm

Town Requires Watts Series 909

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" RPZ must be installed in an above ground "out doors" location. However, unlike a AVB or PVB, the elevation of the RPZ relative to the sprinkler heads does NOT mater. As for the valves on each end of the device? That's so the certified technition can test the device in-place. Can someone give me a backflow device type and associated manufacturers that would be safe to use in the basement. As I understand it there are 5 types: 1. Air-Gap 2. Atmospheric (non-pressure) Typ...

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 9:36pm

Town Requires Watts Series 909

I called the Town of Clay, NY and asked what back flow prevention device they required for an in-ground sprinkler system. The response back was Watts Series 909. I found it on the internet. I do have questions: 1. Plumbersurplus.com has them for $575 on sale from $1248. Is the $575 a reasonable price to expect to pay for the 909? 2. It appears to have either Ball valves or gate valves on both ends. What is the rationale for those? 3. The 1 inch diameter 909 appears to be almost 20 inches long. A...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 4:05pm

Rain Clox RC-3 Controller Manual?

That "Technical Newletter" is exactly what I need. It looks like a much more recent version of the RC controller but it is a mechanical type like the RC-3. I notice from the schematic that there is a fuse in the 24 vac input I will check that first. Maybe I'll luck out and find that the RC-3 has 2 fuses one for the motor and another for the valves. There appears to also be a resistor involved although it may not be externaI to the motor. I can then check to see if the "Timing Motor" is available...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 3:28pm

Can I use a simple Shrader Valve?

My Rain Bird system has drain valves at the low spots for the 1800 type sprinkler heads and drain valves in the bottom inlet of the Maxi Paw sprinkler heads (water connected to side inlet). If I want to be extra cautious with winterization can I use simple Shrader Valves in a TEE in each of the zones in the PVC pipe after the CP-100 valves? If so how much air pressure should be applied to make sure I do no damage to the system. The zone control valves and the Anti Siphon valve (ahead of the cont...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 2:42pm

Rain Clox RC-3 Controller Manual?

I have a 30 year old Rain Bird system with a Rain Clox RC-3 Controller. I haven't used it for 20 years or so but decided this year to see if I could get it up and running. There are no Rain Bird contractors in the Syracuse, NY area so I have spent the last month or so learning by trial and error the vagaries of an irrigation system. Several new Maxi Paw and 1800 sprinkler heads, 4 new valves, tons of PVC pipe and many mystifying PVC fittings, not to mention digging up the front and side lawns al...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 11:01am

How to Test Backflow device

I have a 30 year old Rain Bird sprinkler system which was installed by the contractor when the house was built. The house was a model home for 4 years or so. I haven't used the sprinkler system for 20 years or so. I decided to get it working this summer. I've replaced valves, some of the pipes and several sprinkler heads. It has a Watts Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker No. 288A. Is there any way to verify that the device is indeed preventing backflow into the house plumbing?