You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 1:31pm

Author: subopt

Can't adjust the arc on my Hunter PGPs

User error -- I was using the wrong end of the tool. Gotta use the plastic end. Next time I'll read the instructions. http://www.hunterindustries.com/support/installation_adjustment/rotors/pgpinstruct.html

Friday, September 24th 2010, 5:16pm

Can't adjust the arc on my Hunter PGPs

I have the special key and followed the instructions (i.e. hold at right stop and turn key clockwise to increase arc). Nothing happens. I tried turning it CCW and again, nothing happens. I got the same result with all 5 of my PGPs. The instructions say when you hit the limit (either min or max arc) the sprinkler will sputter, but I didn't see this either. Although not what I needed, I was able to adjust the flow rate. Any ideas? Thanks

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 10:26am

Replacing Rainbirds with Hunter PGPs

Ok thanks. Actually only one is a maxi paw -- the other two are Rainbird impacts with no model #. They just say Glendora, CA and have a patent # -- probably very old.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 6:04pm

Replacing Rainbirds with Hunter PGPs

I'd like to replace 3 Rainbird maxi-paw impacts with Hunter PGPs. One Rainbird doesn't retract, and the other one doesn't rotate. The Hunter PGPs run flawlessly and are quiet so seems to be a no brainer. What I'm wondering is, aside from the PGPs, what parts do I need to perform this conversion? Should I first dig up the Rainbirds first to determine the depth or is it standard. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 5:56pm

Digging out sprinkler heads

I recently bought a house that has a 10 year old or so system. The lady who owned it didn't do any maintenance and I'm noticing some problems. A lot of the heads are leaning. I found some hiding under overgrown shrubs. Some are shooting directly into the grass -- the grass has grown above the heads (prob a result 10 years of mulching grass). Should I dig out the grass surrounding the head or attempt to add risers? Also, I've noticed a lot of sand in the soil around the heads. Is this the recomme...

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 1:05pm

Rainbird valve stuck open

Thanks for the suggestion. I suppose it's only a matter of time before the others start failing too!

Friday, September 17th 2010, 9:27am

Rainbird valve stuck open

I have a 9 year old system that developed a stuck valve yesterday (stuck open). The valves are rainbird 100dvf-a, which btw are hard to find. I opened the control box and noticed water leaking from the valve, but not gushing. While unscrewing the valve it came apart in pieces, which I'm guessing it why it stuck open. The solenoid seems fine but I can tell because it doesn't move, but does make a clicking noise when activated. All of this happened when I was doing some maintenance. I'm wondering ...