You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

Wednesday, November 5th 2003, 10:53am

Author: Joseph L. Swinehart

Timer/One Zone

I have also used the Hunter SVC on a Rainbird valve but used a 9 volt soleniod, this does open up options. As stated earlier, if you can run the wire a 4 zone timer might be the best way to go but for a single station no wires, Hunter SVC. Joe S.

Wednesday, November 5th 2003, 10:46am

RainBird

I agree with not removing anything if you don't have too but sometimes when screwing down a nozzle water sprays out the screw. Turning down screws option 1 Capping option 2. Joe S.

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 4:12pm

right size backflow

I do agree with telescoping and I think they did that. My main question is how much will I gain by increasing the backflow up too 1 1/4" from 1"? The pipe is 1 1/4" coming out the 1" backflow but I need all the pressure I can get. Thanks.

Friday, October 31st 2003, 3:29pm

Rainbird 5000+ Shut off Valve

The top of the rotor helps you adjust the spray (fanning out or stream) and rotation (all the way to full circle). By turning the screw clockwise the inset screw will imped the spray and fan out the spray as well as reduce your flow. This might be your easiest and quickest method in reducing water to certain area that 4 rotors are hitting. Good luck Joe S.

Friday, October 31st 2003, 3:16pm

right size backflow

Thanks for the respone. My problem is that the valves and last sprays are a great distance apart. The line coming out is 1 1/4 and the valves are 1" but the valve is 85' from the back flow and the zone is over 150 to last spray which does not have enough to push it up. The line is in very , very heavy roots so checking and maybe down sizing pipe is not very cost and time effective. That is why I was thinking if I just added more pressure even a little by upsizing to a 1 1/4" backflow. Any helpfu...

Friday, October 31st 2003, 3:08pm

Bidding

Yes I did. A 5 psi drain in the lowest end of every zone. I would bury the drain plugs very low and surround them in rock. They do work but, I agree nothing beats haveing the system blown out. Explain every option to the customer and let them decide. The majority of people always chose both, drain and purging but yes I do believe a system with drains put in properly can be very productive. Joe S.

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 2:24pm

Bidding

Bidding is and always will be difficult due to people who bid very low and do put in the cheapest parts. I explained to the customer that cheap is not the way to go, left me card and actually have left a good part for them to compare (one PGP rotor can do alot). Their reputation WILL catch up with them. Your will also help you, no advertisement will ever compete with word of mouth. Get a list of referals, reward any referal that did help but also go back and correct the one's that were not so ki...

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 2:10pm

Winterizing Before Backflow

Excatly right, no more than 45 psi, and we did blow through the backflows, Colorado winters. Watch the closest head to you, watch all the water come out and go to the next zone. Good luck. Joe S.

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 1:52pm

New Sprinkler System

I agree with RVLI about Hunter and Rainbird being the best, I would also like to suggest to ask to see some sort of plan (picture) on how your system will be put in and be sure to allow for growth , if you think you might, in purchasing you timer. Remember it to have each spray/rotor to reach the next spray/rotor, this is called head-tohead coverage, some installer might not do this. Good luck. Joe S.

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 1:42pm

POP UP system in winter (below 0 degrees Celcius)

Besure to blowout your entire system and to winterize your backflow by removing it's insides and to turn all peacocks at a 45 deree angle to allow any water to escape or you will be buying a new backflow (lived in Colorado Springs, CO) Joe S.

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 1:37pm

Rainbird 5000+ Shut off Valve

Why are you turning the valve down? To reduce overall pressure or to save water? Joe S.

Monday, October 27th 2003, 12:09pm

right size backflow

I think a febco or wilkens. A 600-1 model

Sunday, October 26th 2003, 2:58pm

RainBird

You could also remove the entire nozzle(s) and the other part (PA that screw on top of the riser, the thread part, a threaded cap, probably a 1/2". This will also add additional pressure to other head(s) that might need it. Going with a threaded cap is good encase you want to put back the nozzle(s) if you add plant material later.

Sunday, October 26th 2003, 2:47pm

Which controller?

Another thing is to consider the controller that can be updated with modules (usually addition of 2 at a time) for home growth. These also are best for the price. If you buy a 4 zone timer and later want to add another zone you are buying a new timer. Just a thought.

Sunday, October 26th 2003, 2:40pm

right size backflow

I have a 1" on a 1 1/4 feed and output. The old tech probably only knew about a 1 ". I want to know the differeance pressures for a 1 1/4" backflow which I am sure is the best. I tried to find an on site but could not.[?] Thanks

Thursday, October 23rd 2003, 4:22pm

right size backflow

Where can I find the pressure differances in the sizes of backflows. I came across a 1" backflow on a supply and feed line of 1 1/4 " and want to justify the change of a new backflow, they are not cheap.