You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 4:47pm

Author: charliekatz

Still not getting it

With the Sprinkler Main turned off, I unscrewed the Hunter Solenoid and figured I'd let it drain while we went out. We came back 3 hours later and it was still steadily coming out of the opening. I made sure we had nothing turned on that would use water and watched the little triangle in the water meter (it spins when something is on) and it wasn't turning (but maybe if it is a very slow usage, it would only turn a bit every many minutes ???). I finally gave up and screwed the solenoid back in. ...

Friday, November 19th 2010, 7:34pm

Water near valve box - where's the leak

I tested the system and everything looked fine. I shut the controller off since we were expecting rain and I didn't want to waste water. Several days later we noticed a puddle near one of the valve boxes. Being in a hurry I shut off the main. Today I tried opening the solenoid. Water came out and didn't seem to be ending. I checked the main valve and found it closed ??? I guess I'll try again tomorrow and check at the meter to see if this is drawing from my line or if it is just draining the who...

Friday, November 19th 2010, 7:20pm

wiring confusion

I'm wondering if you mean the following: Each solenoid has two wires, one of them is a ground wire. This can be wired into the ground wire of the next valve and on to the next with one finally returning to the ground location in the control box. The other wire should be a unique wire that goes right to the control box. Using separate colors would help to identify them. BTW - I just watched a This Old House video on fixing broken valves and they said there are waterproof wirenuts for typing the w...

Friday, November 19th 2010, 7:07pm

Long time ago - what happened ?

I am new in this website - I wonder what ended up happening in your troubleshooting. Charlie