You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 9:13am

Author: dwkendgardner

Never seen this before! Please help!

Nothing to report as of yet...I did a visual check of the valves, checked that the wiring was still in good shape, and ran zone 6 several times...it ran fine and did not trigger the other zones when it shut off. I then decided to set the program to let it run a normal cycle the other day. It ran smoothly. Thought to give it another day and run it again...same result. It has now run several times consecutively without issue, and I really haven't done anything major to the valves, other than, as m...

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 5:30pm

I'm going to estimate that Zone 6 controls about 16 heads...one valve leading to about 6 and the other to about 10. I have other zones that have more heads than that. Unfortunately, I can't split that zone without adding one of these valves to another zone that is already occupied by other valves. (I have no free zones on the controller) If the bottom line is that there too many heads in the entire area (in this and other zones), then short of adding a whole new controller and cutting and runnin...

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 9:00pm

No...each post at the timer still has only one wire. The controller can actually handle up to 9 zones...we are using 8 of them. ___________ Just ran the complete program again, and it reverted to triggering again at the conclusion of Zone 6's cycle. I went over to where the valves are while Zone 7 ran, and I could see the valve that was trying to trigger. I manually rotated the Solenoid to and fro once, and the triggering stopped. Just a bad valve?

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 6:29pm

Two zones aren't combined, I have two valves wired to the same zone on the controller. I believe that is a fairly common practice, or at least I've heard it being done by others. If that is what you are questioning, I guess the answer is that the zone was split to be handled by two valves to handle the number of sprinklers. It is for two separate lawn areas on either end of the back yard.

Monday, January 24th 2011, 3:43pm

Will have to work on replacing the valves when time permits...probably later this week. Generally, when something like this happens, is it because a valve just literally breaks under (water) pressure over time? Up until now, the system was working just fine...and the valves are only about a year old. ____ Just a follow up. Ran a complete cycle earlier tonight, since we have had some warm weather recently. Ran fine...no triggering. I don't get that at all! Doesn't seem like this could be a self-c...

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 9:34pm

Yes, the valves I have are anti-syphon. Good call...I ran zone 6 through the controller by itself, and when it turned off, indeed, the other zones did try to trigger. So now what? Do you think it is a bad valve(s)...I believe that 2 valves are tied into that same Zone 6 on the controller.

Friday, January 21st 2011, 6:57pm

Swapped wires for zones 7 & 8 as suggested. When Zone 7 came on, it continued to trigger the other zones.

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 10:21am

Not that I am aware of, no. What would I be looking for...visually, is it like one of the sprinkler valves? If so, then definitley not.

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 5:03pm

No...I have not made any adjustments on that valve. Is your thought that too much water pressure is trying to get through that valve, and I should adjust it down? Update: I wanted to do a test, so I manually turned on the #7 valve, and it did not trigger the other zones. I then allowed the controller to run through the programs, and once again, it started to pulsate a couple of zones once zone 7 was activated. Interestingly, when I turned on my hose to water some potted plants, I could feel the ...

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 10:53am

I have an interesting development! I have an 8 valve system that had been working fine. Just recently, when valve #7 triggers, the water is flowing through to those sprinklers, but the system also tries to trigger at least 2 of the other valves, continuously, on/off, on/off every 2-3 seconds. This continues indefinitely...through the entire cycle of 7, and 8, and beyond. Even though the cycles have completed their run, the valves continue to try to trigger. The only way to stop this is by me shu...