You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, March 25th 2011, 10:08am

Author: CFHome

EZ Pro comes on at Midinght

Could the current time be off? That could explain why it waters at midnight instead of your desired time. If the sprinkler waters both at midnight and the time you program then there might be a second program inadvertently set up. On my controller there's a button to cycle between several programs.

Friday, March 25th 2011, 10:01am

Hunter MP's?

The rotors, more than the fixed spray nozzles, produce some mist. Is it possible to regulate the pressure for a whole zone from the valve that controls it? I have a lot of water pressure where I live. The soil is pretty good. I don't have any rocks for several feet down, which is pretty unusual for my area. The soil itself is pretty loose and without much clay.

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 5:18pm

Hunter MP's?

I'll try that controller programming. I know how to deal with the controller. I also need to check how easy it will be to remove the current rotors to replace them with the MPs. Another weekend project, I guess. Thanks for the help.

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 11:27am

Hunter MP's?

Thanks. I guess the MP's may have some advantages, but they are not clearly much better than what I already have. If I were starting over I might use them, but I will probably not change out what I have for now. The system is less than a year old right now. Hunter claims their MP40 bases are regulated to provide optimum water pressure. Do the Rain Bird's pretty much do the same thing? I do have a sort of hill, maybe 10 ft high that slopes down towards the house. That hill has grass on it and it ...

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 5:17pm

Hunter MP's?

I have a sprinkler system that was installed in 2 stages. The first contractor did the front of the house and put in some rotors and some standard pop-up heads. The second contractor put in Hunter MP heads in the back of the house. I like the pattern and there seems to be less water lost to the wind. I am considering replacing the rotors in the front of the house with Hunter MP 3000's. I can probably just replace the rotor heads with MPR40 heads (would standard Rainbird heads from Lowe's be just...

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 4:54pm

Repair FEBCO 860 RPZ Backflow Prevention Device

I was able to fix my device. I just took off the two bolts near Mitchgo suggested and reseated everything. There was also a sliver of plastic that I removed. Once I put everything back together there was no leak. All is good after that 5 minute stint. Much better than the $300 the original installer wanted to just replace everything. Thanks for the help.

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 4:26pm

Yes, the unit is leaking out the vent relief. I did some more checking, and it seems to leak only when there is no water flow. If I open the spigot on the downstream side, the leak seems to stop. That spigot also leaks but that is a no-brainer to replace. The leak is a constant sequence of drops, a couple of drops per second. It is not a stream. I see where I can take a few bolts out and look inside the unit. I'll try that. If I need to replace the whole thing I'll add some unions so I can just ...

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 6:49am

Newbie here, so please be gentle :-) I have a house in Leander, TX, where the landscaper installed a 1" FEBCO 860 RPZ Reverse Flow Protector. Once during a freeze last year the valve froze and started leaking out the bottom. The landscaper replaced it, tested it, and recommended for any future freezes to turn off the water supply. I did that and left the main water supply off through the hard freeze we had in early February. I recently turned the water on and the valve is again leaking through t...