You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Saturday, December 13th 2003, 7:03am

Author: Mel

Rainbird 2 Zones Stopped Working

Unfortunately I can't move the controller any closer. Do you think splicing the wires is out of the question? I'd hate to cause more of a problem than I already have but as they are continuing to come loose I don't know what else to do. There seemed to be some sort of hardened glue-like substance like from a glue gun or something in the black rubber piece that houses all of the wires together but when I took the wires out, I had to remove most of it to get them out. Do you know what kind of goop...

Thursday, December 11th 2003, 11:34am

Woo hoo! Thanks for your help! I got waterproof caps and re-stripped and twisted all of the wires and voila....we have liftoff! Unfortunately, the common wire is so short it keeps coming undone. Plus one of the other valve wires is also so short it has had a piece added to it to make it reach. That was part of the problem. The waterproof caps have some sort of grease or something in them which isn't helping matters. Any tips for lengthening wires without re-doing the whole thing? You guys have b...

Friday, November 21st 2003, 2:18pm

OK....now none of the four zones in the back work. I don't remember seeing that white wire dangling before so am quite sure that is the cause. I just don't know where it is supposed to go. Help!

Friday, November 21st 2003, 2:04pm

OK....I'm finally getting back to this project. I have re-twisted and secured the uncovered wires at the valves. Now I notice that there is an extra wire coming from the controller that is not attached to anything. It is the white wire (not the fat one, the small one). Where is that supposed to be attached? I'm gonna try another test run and see if it is working at all at this point. I'll post my results. Thanks

Tuesday, November 11th 2003, 2:11pm

I forgot to mention one thing...when I checked the valve for zone 5, the wires were twisted together but there was no plastic cap covering them. There is a lot of moisture out there. Could it be as easy as putting a cap on those wires? And if not, where would I check for a cut wire? By the valves, the controller box or ????? Thanks again! Mel

Tuesday, November 11th 2003, 2:09pm

OK I did what you suggested. I switched the wire from zone 5 with the one from zone 1. When I ran the test, when zone 1 was supposed to run, nothing happened. When zone 5 was supposed to run, it worked but zone 1 actually came on. Does that mean I have a bad wire in zone 5? Bear with me...I'm new to all of this! Thanks for your help! Mel

Wednesday, November 5th 2003, 7:38pm

I have the RainBird ESP-82i sprinkler system. The gardener broke off one of the sprinkler heads with the lawnmower and after replacing it, that station plus one other station (stations 5 & 7) are no longer working. The controller shows those stations are running as scheduled but they never come on. They also do not come in when running the system in test mode. I have gone to the actual valves and when I manually turn the screw, both stations work. I don't know what to check next? Help!