You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 333.

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 8:02am

Author: wsommariva

Just moved in and system won't come on

Double check that you have the controller set up correctly. Check the wires coming out of the controller with the meter

Friday, February 8th 2013, 7:54am

some but not all zones will turn on

Sounds like you have a wiring problem between zones 2 and 3. Check the connections in zone 2 and 3 valve boxes.

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 2:45pm

Do zones 1 and 2 come on automatically or only when you go to the valve and turn them on manually?

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 7:07am

Where are you located. What kind of valves do you have? First check the controller's programming. Any digging in the yard? May have to check valve wiring, first check common wire. Are zones 1 and 2 in a separate valve box?

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 8:31am

mp rotator radius issues

I use mp3000s and I see a big difference when I turn the screw. Maybe since the mp 1000 have a small radius to begin with there is a smaller difference.

Monday, January 28th 2013, 8:40am

mp rotator radius issues

Remember that you will have more radius going downhill and less radius going uphill. No matter sprays or rotors. How did replacing those sprays with MP1000 affect the water usage? If your max GPM available s 8 for example, your new configuration shouldn't be over 8. Adding elbows, etc I guess would affect pressure. Check above first.

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 7:33am

Multiple Zones Running

Did you do any lawn work that would have disturbed the wiring to the valves? If two wires are now touching they will both open. Maybe wires in the valve box are touching Do you have a master valve? Maybe one valve is stuck in the open position. If so take it apart and clean the insides.

Friday, January 18th 2013, 1:07pm

1¼" PVC "T" fittings and Pipe Prices

I get all my stuff from Lowe's. Cheap enough and no hassle returns. Always buy more than you need and return what is unused.

Friday, January 11th 2013, 8:48am

Bushes have grown up around sprinkler heads

Move it is one option. Another one is replacing with a 12 inch pop up. Or install a riser which can elevate it as high as you want. Each option is not difficult.

Monday, January 7th 2013, 6:05pm

Series of MP Rotators along a driveway

Never thought of that. That will be much better and is what I will do - in March. Thank you very much.

Monday, January 7th 2013, 12:11pm

Series of MP Rotators along a driveway

I think a bad idea as they will most definitely be run over by cars and SUVs. Alternatively what can I do but place them 10 feet away with 360s and have some water waste on the driveway?

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 2:25pm

Downward sloping front lawn sprinklers leak out. Install check valve sprinklers?

If the Toros work for you then stay with them. Hunter and Rainbird are the brands most liked here. I have Hunter and Toro in my systems. Central irr will give you better advice.

Friday, December 21st 2012, 8:04am

Downward sloping front lawn sprinklers leak out. Install check valve sprinklers?

Replace the ones that leak only if you want. As long as it's not a valve problem. I have rotors that drain when off. No check valve available in that model, so I live with it. If you water is very very expensive and you lose allot, then change.

Monday, December 17th 2012, 8:23am

Questions on PVB Assembly

Normally you want copper coming from the house to the PVB. Then pvc to the valves. I guess you don't have freezing problems so the install will be permanent. No unions needed. You can replace some parts of the PVB if they fail. Leave some room to replace the PVB if it ever gets beyond repair. I think they only sell one type of copper fittings.

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 11:54am

What size valve box.

You should make your own manifold. Easy to cut, clean and cement pvc. You have 4 valves and a drip valve, total five. You may need more valves as you have 42 heads planned. Many different ways to set this up. Wet Boots will know best. If it were me I would have the 4 valves in one box. As for the drip valve, maybe install it near the beds where it is needed. You will need to run the pvc to this area and if it's a long run it's harder to do. Or first install manifold with 4 valves in one box, the...

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 10:06am

Confused on Pro Irrigation Designs.

I guess you are planning now for a Spring install? Sometimes it's hard to insert barbed filling into the poly especially in cool weather. I carefully used a propane torch to heat the poly. Got a valve that has a trigger switch, very very useful. BUT if you heat too much you distort the poly and it will leak - I had one instance and the fix is not fun or easy, so a few seconds of heat only.

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 10:00am

You mentioned buying manifolds? That's no fun, make your own.

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 9:56am

Go to the poly section in Lowes or Home Depot. They will have the adapters you need. Yes one adapter for each SJ. Always buy extra parts when you go to Lowes/HD. When project is done return the extras.